What do I do?

Chapter 26

Bryan's pov

I walked to Nina's room very early in the morning, so Stella wouldn't have woken up to eavesdrop on us. I called her instead of knocking but then she didn't pick up the phone. Then I heard the door click open and I looked up and saw Nina smiling at me, I smiled back and then we entered her room, I sat on the bed and she sat on her peacock cushion.

"Good morning" she whispered  smiling at me, she has grown so matured after this three years. I smiled back at her again and replied "Good morning, did you sleep tight?" I whispered.

"Tried to, what about you?" She whispered back

"Same here"

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"I'm thinking of going to Tony, if he can help, I don't want to keep going like this l, doing nothing and most especially hurting my family"

She looked into my eyes and slowly stood up and walked up to me, she hugged me tightly and I knew she would cry, I hugged her back rubbing her back with my hands.

She released her self  from my hold, I placed my hand on her cheek and cleaned her tears giving her an assuring smile. She held my hands and the turn me as she sat beside me, making me look straight at her.

"But do you think Tony will help?, he was angry and said he will never talk to you again" she said still holding my hands.

"Yeah I know he did, he's by best friend I know him, I just need to go now, before your witch wakes up".

She laughed a little and then she gave me a realization look and said "you haven't done that since the past three years"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Make me laugh"  then the realisation hit me, I was also affecting Nina with my sorrow. Damn she must have being alone, sad about what's happening.

I smiled and then ruffled her hair, she hit my hand and I know what she would say next "hey I'm not five" she said but in a whisper and it made me chuckle.

She came over and hugged me again, "I'm happy for you Bryan"

"Thank you" I said. Although I do not know how to look Tony in the eyes anymore. 

***~***~***

I tried looking away but I couldn't it felt like she was there, why? Nicole why?. I felt like touching her face but then when I tried to, I heard a car horn and was about to move when I looked back and saw she wasn't there.

Nicole you are driving me crazy, why do I keep feeling you are not dead? Is it... I'm so sure that was not your burnt body Nicole I know it.

I drove to Tony's office and when I went in, Kayla his secretary looked at me, before now she would let me in without calling him but then she stopped me.

"I'm sorry sir but please hold on" she said.

She called Tony and said it was me . Tony was definitely quiet for a while as Kayla asked again, then she dropped the phone and  said "He doesn't want to see you sir" I smiled and said

"Tell him.... I said he is a good friend and that I will back"

"O...okay sir"

I left the building but before I got into my car Kayla came running and stopped me "uhm he said he'll see you sir"

I chuckled "ok then" 

"Yes sir" she said. 

I wanted open the door but then I clenched my fist first,  hesitating and Wondering of this was a good idea, should it have been in the office, why don't I go to his house instead?, what if he makes me regret my decision?, What if he makes me feel more pain than I'm already feeling?....

"Coward!!! Come in, I know you are right in front of the door".

I heard him say, I smiled and nervously went inside. He looked up from his phone and pointed to the sit, telling me to sit. .

"Hey asshole, whats up, you need some dollars?" He said to me still playing with his phone.  I knew what he was trying to do. I kept quiet at first cause I didn't know how to start.

Tony raised his head then raised an eyebrow "are you gonna talk or just sit there?"he asked.

"Tony I need your help" I blurted out then he looked at me and then straight into my eyes. Then bursted out laughing, I only stared at him, I had no right to get annoyed and I knew he only wanted me to feel bad, so I just smiled and said.

"I know... You know what? I know I'm so fucked right now and I know that I'm helpless, but I know a friend ones promised me... He would always have my back when I need him... And now he's the only that can help me"

Tony leaned forward chuckling, looking straight into my eyes "A friend you pushed away, a friend you said you didn't need, a friend you dumped, fuck you Bryan!!"  He yelled at me. I shivered, fuck I did do that.

"I'm sorry but..."

"Sorry? Sorry doesn't change anything man, what the....?" He said cutting me off but before he could continue I stopped him.

"Tony you gave up on love when it was going to affect you and your family, your case wasn't money but you had to see your parents secretly, you had to live like you didn't know them..."

"Don't bring my story into this,  it absolutely different, you pushed me away..."

"Oh yes true, I know it's different but you also pushed the woman you loved away, Tony, she would have done something to ruin my mom and Nina's life, do you know how they would have suffered just because of me?, C'mon Tony you know how the press is, you know how people in the world is, my moms husband might loose  his job because of me, they would be taunted all the time including Nina, they would not have their normal life anymore, you would always be questioned by the press and you most especially know you can't have the press around you, I had no choice man"

Tony leaned back and looked away from me, then back at me...

"I know"

"I know you know"

"The mistake you did Bryan, is not trying to solve it"

"Yes I know,but I was broken, I...Tony I lost the woman I love...and...and fuck I never told her that, I was not able to think straight, I was dead inside... And I swear to you, I just have a God damn feeling she's not dead, I don't understand it". I looked at Tony and he was only weirdly staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" 

"Because I kept my promise"he stood up and moved a board from a corner in front of me.

I winced and asked "what do  you mean and what is that?".  I said pointing at the board.

"It's your key to getting your legacy back"