The boss

~chapter one~

Unedited

Nicole POV

"Oh my God I need to get there before 9:00am and its 8:30am", I thought to myself as I walked as fast as I could to reach Exportees, a deodorants company which I had I applied as a receptionist. A message was sent to my email that I have been hired, It was sunny my feet were hurting but I had no choice but to walk, my stepmum and stepdad did not give any transport fare. All my life I have been suffering living with them with their rules their custom blah blah blah. I became a slave to them, a puppet to their daughter and I have always been restricted from getting a job. I graduated from UC with a professional degree but what good was it?.

Sometimes I wish I was never born into this earth if I would only suffer all my life. My mother died when I was seven years old, my Dad married my stepmum after a year and she came into our house with her daughter that was my age mate. She made my life miserable and not just mine but my fathers too. She was responsible for his death he had an heart attack while they were arguing one day and he died of it. I cried a lot I was ten years old at that time and it was very painful, I never thought he would die so soon... It makes me feel fucking weak.

Just two weeks after his death my step mum brought another man home and said to me" This is your new daddy brat and you must respect him"

Since then I had to live in misery and pain. I got to take this job because she and I made a deal that I will leave the house as soon as I've been paid my salary.

I walked down from Mardan to Mini town then I took a bus with the little money I had with me, to Exportees and as I got there I was glad it was just 8:50am. I entered and my jaw dropped at the sight of the magnificent building, gosh it was beautiful. And I looked like a rag standing in it.

"How may I help you miss?" I turned to see a beautiful straight long hair receptionist, she was wearing a fitted suit compared to mine.

"Yes good morning, my name is Nicole Silvia and I applied as a receptionist for... "

"Good morning, he's expecting you mam, you may take that elevator to the third floor, someone will give the directions to his office as soon as you get there" She pointed at the elevator.

Hmm she didn't let me finish good job girl. "Uhm thanks"

Her eyes darted toward me so fast it made me cringe out of fear and then a genuine smile weirdly surfaced on her face "you're welcome"

I got to the last floor and saw another woman with eye glasses wearing a red suit but trousers and matching red lipstick. She had a long wavy hair and as I looked down to her lips again she was smiling.

"You are Nicole Silvia aren't you?"

"Hmm seems everyone has been expecting me" I said to myself "yes good morning" I said to red.

"Good morning miss, The CEOs office is right at that corner" she pointed and I smiled back at her.

"Alright thank you"

"You're welcome"

I followed her directions and I got to the office where it wrote CEO on top. I knocked and a husky voice answered. "Come in"