Chapter eight~ brothers no more

I don't need you.
Damn who knew for words could make such an impact. If this was from anyone else he wouldn't have given a damn. But these words came from Evan. Evan Hansen.

EVAN FRICKEN TREE HUGGER HANSEN

All though if someone said that's Evan, Jared wouldn't believe it. Evan never dressed like that, nor was he the type to go to loud parties and talk to fricken girls!

Who was this imposter?

It was as if Evan had flipped a switch and reversed the roles. Now it was Evan who was cool, going to parties and talking to girls. Fricken Evan! The one he traine- loves.

How did this happen over night! And he didn't even seem anxious!

How?????

This all started becuase of the squi-

that's it! That's how Evan changed over night! But how is he gonna get the old Evan back under his thumb....

he really should not have drugged him.

Jared

"JEREMY!" I yell and grab Jeremy's arm. "You ok?" I nod. "It's about the Squip." Jeremy's eyes widen. "

"What the hell do you mean?" He asked, eyes widening.

"It's Evan. He's been different. He did buy the pill, but I wasn't sure if he took it. But now I'm sure," I lie, didn't need Jeremy to think I'm some creepy rape drugger.

"He dresses differently. His posture and look is more confident. He even was talking to a girl and was at this big party! Plus, he wasn't anxious. That's insane!" I yell, dramatically. I had a reason! It's EVAN.

"I thought he was a bit.... more on edge, but I didn't have a place to judge, since I didn't know him as long. Did you try to bring him to his senses?" Jeremy asks frantically.

. "No! He... said some things...." I say... not wanting to repeat the words he said...

Okay that's a lie, I'm just trying to play victim.

"Oh god, this is Michael and I all over again. I'll try to talk to him." Jeremy assures me, by placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry he's being so... awful to you," He smiles at me. God he's easy to manipulate.

I walk off not knowing where to go. It's funny how alone you can feel while being surrounded by people. I walk into the kitchen and notice something...

A knife.

Right there. Sittting plain out.

'I should take it...' I think. I could guilt trip Evan back into my arms!

I grab the knife and walk out and walk outside the house, not far, but enough to be alone. I grab the knife and I think.

.
I take the knife and let it hover over my right arm.
What's the worst thing that can happen. A single cut isn't gonna hurt anyone. Is it?
So I did it. And it hurt. The thing started bleeding.
"DAMNIT!"

"STOP!" A voice yells. Damn, that shit must think I'm some depressed cutter.

It was a 11 year old boy. He must have saw me 'cry', and me cut.

"Stop please. Please sir stop. Stop please." He pleaded. He had blond hair, and the bluest eyes you would ever find.

"Please stop it. Im Daniel. Please don't hurt yourself." Then he hugged me. I didn't know what to do. I forgot I held the knife in my hand still. I hugged back. Couldn't seem too heartless.

"Good." He says, and grabs the knife, and throws it into the river. "You won't be hurting yourself anymore! Promise!" He says, assertively. "I promise."

I promise I'll get my Evan back.

How was that, my pretties? Mwahaha

Jeremy

I was looking everywhere for Evan. Then I found him. "Evan! Hey can I talk to you?" I say, leading him out fo the main party area, into the best most private place...

The bathroom.

Irony?

"Hey, I need you to look me in the eye when I ask this. Did you take the Squip?" I say. He looks me in the eye. I feel him hesitating, as if he's waiting for an awnser to come.

"No, is this about Jared?" He asks. I nod.

"For gods sakes! Im me! Why is everyone freaking out about me wearing new clothes? Or being more normal! Or having luck finally on my side?" Evan snaps. The anger in his eyes seemed mechanical, fake.

"Becuase we are worried about you. I know the mistake  your about to make. I made it! Don't throw away your best friend for popular-" I said until he interrupted me.

"BULLCRAP! He is my fricken family friend. He's not my real friend! And I don't give a damn about being popular! I just wan to be normal! I want to be able to think myself as not a delicate statue of glass! I want to be able to talk to people! I want to make the voice in my head TO SHUT UP!" He says but as then flinches, in pain. It's as if a invisible hand snaps him into place.

"Did he shock you?" I ask, quietly. I know this drill so well...

"I DIDNT TAKE THE GOD DAMN PILL? NOT EVEN MY OWN FRICKEN BROTHER BELIEVES ME! ACTUALLY SCRATCH THAT, YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER! I NEVER WANTED A BROTHER! I JUST WANTED TO SURVIVE! BUT NOW I HAVE AN OPERTUNITY TO CHANGE MY LIFE FOREVER! NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY! AND GO BACK TO YOUR GANG OF COOL KIDS, NOT EVERYONE GETS TO BE POPULAR OR NORMAL, SOME PEOPLE WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR IT! YOU DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL!" Evan yells, this time with tears in his eyes, signaling he did truly feel a bit like this.

I didn't think he had it in him. Is he really that stupid to not understand what I had to go through to gain my friends. That I want to help him? The anxiety that got me to that point?

"Have fun killing yourself with that stupid machine. But don't come crawling to us when you finally realize what your becoming. Oh and tell him, I said....

Screw You!" I yell. I didn't really give a damn right now.

When I walked out something happened. Everyone was dead silent, until a girl said "there's a shooter out. Everyone, hide." She says.

I fricken hate my life right now...

Next up is Regina and.... someone else.... HOW WAS IT?