Chapter Eleven~ The letter

Veronica

I was at home alone, reading Lord of the Flies, till I heard a strange sound come from my front door. Why was I reading such a dark book? Because I'm me damnit.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Coming!" I yell as I jump off the couch and open the front door.

No one was there.

"Ding dong ditch!" I say, annoyed. Then I notice a letter with my name on it.
I open it up.

Dear Veronica,
I messed up. Quite horribly. I'm sorry. No matter, for my pain is only subsided to yours. I deeply regret not being able to speak to you, for you are my godess. Let it be known that I will atone for my mistakes, given the chance.
Love, the fighter.

"What. The. Actual. Hell?" I say. I stare at the letter, forgetting the door still in front of me, being open. I close it and head to text Martha. This could be forged, like Martha's letter from "Ram". Let's hope she thinks of something better. Because Jesus Christ I hope it's not from who I think it is.

Jared

I was eating a lemon flavored bathbomb ( don't judge) then I heard a loud knock.

I was expecting Girl Scouts or mail man, but I get greeted with a very clearly wasted Evan. Bingo, there's my thing, crawling back.

"What the hell happened to you?" I ask, dryly.

"I had to turn it off. I'm sorry. I met Daniel. He said he something happened to you. During the party. What happened Jared?l He asks. I laugh.

Now he cares. After an 11 year old tells him something happened he cares. Not that he acted like I didn't exist?

"Oh now you care. You acted like I didn't exist for the past week!" I yell.

"Um... what do you mean. I haven't seen you in a week." He says. "Bull fricken crap. Look, save me the time and go home, back to your "real friends" and Squip thing." I say, saltyly.

"I'm sorry! But what did you... do?" He asked. I go to close the door but he grabs my arm. 'Shiz' I think. It was my right arm. With a cut on it. Bingo. I bite back a smirk.

He sees a tiny cut on it. His eyes widen And seem to water.

"You IDIOT! WHY THE ACTUAL $#&% would you do that to yourself." He yells.

So I could manipulate you!

" I thought you didn't need me! And yeah you don't! Look at you! You dress better!" I say, gesturing to his red hoodie and leather pants.

" You haven't had a panic attack in weeks! You even drink now! And you go to parties! And talk to girls! All while I'm gone from your life! Do you get it! THE PROBLEM IS ME!" My voice cracks at the end. Evan stands there speechless. Jesus Christ this was easy.

I close the door, and continue eating my bath bomb.