Chapter 16 - Choices

After lunch, Aunt Rose and Lynn returned to the forest to forage for food. I spent the afternoon in meditation and sorting out my feelings about Kitty's offer. When the duo returned from their forest trek, I was ready to serve dinner. After dinner, Lynn barely made it through her bath, her head nodding as I washed and dried her hair. When I tucked her in bed, she rolled on her side and promptly went to sleep. Shock jumped on the bed and curled up at Lynn's feet.

"She is already asleep," I told Aunt Rose as I joined her at the fire. "How did you find Shock?"

"She found us," Aunt Rose replied. "Usually animal guides find their companion. They just seem to know when they are needed." I gave Aunt Rose a skeptical look.

"So, have you decided to train with Kitty?"

"I sense there is more to Kitty than she has revealed. I would like to see if she can help me sort out my gifts. However, I'm conflicted over leaving Lynn with you. I brought her home and I feel she should be my responsibility.

"You need to discover your gifts and I would love to take care of Lynn. Keep in mind that you may be better able to help Lynn once you understand your own gifts."

"A good point, which I have considered. Ok, I would like to propose a schedule and see if it works for you. I will be with Lynn every morning through breakfast and every evening from dinner to bedtime. I will spend weekends with her and any day you need to yourself. My weekdays will be filled with my freelance writing and training with Kitty. Will this schedule work for you?"

"Of course, but Amber keep in mind that you need to be flexible with this schedule. Don't let the schedule run you, come and talk to me when you need to make changes. Remember, we do not know how long Lynn will be with us. I feel you have made a well thought out decision. Remember you can always change your mind."

"That's what Kitty said, that I could change my mind about training with her. When I asked her about the secrets she was protecting, she said she would not tell me until I was ready to handle them."

"How do you feel about that?"

"A little anxious and scared."

"Good."

A short time later I cleared my mind through meditation. I requested my mind to send me to Kitty after the moon rose. As I crawled in bed I wondered if I would be able to fall asleep. The last thing I remembered was Twitch jumping up on the bed and curling up at my feet.

© Copyright 2019 by Cleomez (all rights reserved)