12

beatrix-kelly hills

"NO!" I scream once the room is filled with a failing heartbeat.

"Mama. Mama no" Bradly cried.

"Doc! Doc!" I yelled out of the door.

They started speaking in codes.

They checked for her blood pressure and tried to save her. She wouldn't budge.

"Time of death, 10:32 a.m." I hear the doctors say.

"No. No no no!" I scream into Bradlys chest.

"What-what's happening?" Tanner asks.

"Mamas gone baby. She's gone" I picked up tanner and hugged him.

"Wha-what?" He asks.

"I'm sorry" I hugged him again.

-

"She's really gone" I sat on the couch next to Bradly after lighting the candle in front of the small alter I've made for my mom.

"She wants us to move forward. We can try. But it'll be hard." A tear falls down his cheek.

"Shit what time is it?" I checked my phone.

"5:20. Fuck" I stood up.

"What?" Bradly asks.

"I have a date with Ethan. I can't bail on him." I said standing up. "I'll let him and Gray know what happened" said standing up to change.

I looked through my closet to try and find something. And finally, I do.

I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I look dumb in my glasses so I threw it off my bed

I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I look dumb in my glasses so I threw it off my bed. I slipped my shoes on and headed downstairs.

"I can't believe you're actually going on a date right now" Bradly says.

"Neither am I. But I know mama would've wanted me to." I said before hugging him and tanner goodbye.

"She would love Ethan" Bradly smiled.

"She did, a lot." I looked down.

"You're gonna be late for your date missy. Have fun, don't make me an uncle already" he joked.

I stand up and hug them goodbye once again.

"Hey babe" he says kissing my cheek after I close the door.

"Hi" I said sniffing.

"Were you crying?" He asks.

"Yeah um.." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Babe, what's wrong? Did I do something? If I did I-"