21

beatrix-kelly hills

We make it to Ethan's house after a silent ride. It wasn't an awkward silence, more like a subtle silence, for the only thing heard was the steady rhythm of our breaths, the light music, and the sound of the car engine.

We sat in the car after I park, in silence; until it was broken.

"Can I stay over tonight?" Ethan asked without looking up.

"Do you want to?" I question.

"Yes," he responds.

"Then sure. Are you gonna grab clothes?" I asked finally finding the courage to look towards him.

"No," he shook his head.

"Just grab a hoodie," I shrug.

"Why? I have many at your house," he questions.

"I know but I want another one, so grab one," I say in an innocent voice. We weren't mad at each other, nor we were uncomfortable. I just think it was an awkward time.

"Okay," he lightly giggled and walked up. About a minute later Grayson knocks on my window, slightly scaring me.

"You scared me shithead," I say after rolling my window down.

"Sorry," he laughs. "How'd it go?" He questioned.

"Okay I guess. We got over it, we're good now. He's staying the night. But we're still having our bestfriend night on Saturday right?" I rant.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," he smiled and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, love you. Text me," he says before walking away, soon disappearing into the house. Just as he had opened the door, Ethan came out with a duffle bag.

"What's in there?" I asked starting the car after he got situated into his seat.

"Just a bunch of stuff I plan on doing with you tonight. Like games, oh and also like, three of my hoodies," he smiled and threw the bag into the back seat.

I smiled and handed him my phone. "Play some music," I say after driving off.

We listen to music and by the time our favorite song comes on, we make it to my house. I decided that we'd listen to the song, so I went around the block.

"Where're we going?" Ethan asks confused.

"Around the block, this is our song," I said in a sassy voice.

"I thought you were going to kidnap me. Even thought that wouldn't be that bad," he shrugs and I giggle.

Our song, Love Don't Change by Jeremih plays, as I drove around the block. Occasionally I'd look over at Ethan who was already looking at me, singing the song.

'Cause I know true love ain't easy
Girl I know it's you,
'Cause you complete me
And I just don't want you to leave me,
Even though I give you reasons
'Cause baby sometimes,
I can tell just by your face
This part of us been gone for so long
And I know there's no replacing
What we had going on for so long
But when it hurts,
I can make it better
Girl if it works, it's gon' be forever
We been though the worst,
Made it though the weather
Our problems and the pain
But love don't change

I smiled as we sang the lyrics along with the song.

"I love you," he whispers, expecting I never heard him. We had never said I love you before to one another. (a/n: Unless they did, I don't remember, sowwy).