4. Going Once! Going Twice! ...Gone?

They didn't eat dinner. Rein and Phinks kept fighting, eventually to the point where it was just Rein sitting on the ground, conjuring then throwing stone after stone, while Phinks kept catching them and sometimes throwing them back if he was feeling generous.

Neither wanted to admit defeat, but Phinks was under strict orders from Chrollo not to hurt Rein too badly, which included knocking her unconscious, so he couldn't put a stop to the "fight" from his end. As Rein couldn't even hit Phinks anywhere anymore, she was unable to end things from her end as well, which brought things to a mutual standstill. The only movement now was just that of a disinterested game of catch, if only to pass the time.

"It's almost morning," Rein groaned, trying to blink away the bleary feeling. "Where's Hisoka?"

"If he isn't here soon, I'll tear his limbs off," said Uvogin through clenched teeth. He cracked his knuckles. That smug clown always stood them up and he swore that if he ever did it again, he would get it, that son of a—

"My, my. What a gruesome conversation." Golden eyes glinted from the shadows. "How scary."

"You're finally here." Shalnark stood up, hand on his waist. His face didn't show any sign of resentment at having to have waited for so long. In fact, he seemed pretty happy that Hisoka had arrived at all. His gaze was the complete opposite of what Uvogin's happened to be.

"I almost thought you weren't going to show," Machi commented, trying to convey her lack of interest as she stared down at her crossed arms.

Hisoka gave an unapologetic shrug. "You told me to come. Had I not, I wouldn't have the chance to see those amazing Nen stitches of yours again." He smiled her way, deftly flashing his canines.

Machi returned a cold stare.

"Well, everyone's here!" Rein called, flicking a final stone in the general direction of her opponent. They could finally get down to business. "What is it this time?"

"Probably something from the auctions. Ancient books, maybe? Danchou sure likes those."

"Maybe the Greed Island game. Extremely rare and up for auction at such a high quantity..."

"Wouldn't it make more sense to steal some precious metals or gems?"

Various members of the Troupe voiced their opinions before Chrollo's lilting voice rang through the air, silencing them all with one word: "Everything."

"D-Danchou?" someone said, but Rein couldn't tell who it was.

"Everything. Every single item up for auction, all those valuable goods; We will steal them all tonight."

Her eyes widened, as did the others'. "That's bold." Rein shook her head to clear her thoughts. Adjusting her stance, she stood tall. "But a piece of cake for us."

"That's right." Uvogin came up behind her and ruffled her short brown locks until they stood up like his own. "The underground auctions are held and attended by the highest in the mafia community. We'll be making enemies of all the mafia gangs and increase the heavy bounty on our heads." He flashed a giddy grin as gleeful anticipation surged through him. "I can't wait."

*     *     *

Pakunoda held up her wristwatch to the limited amount of moonlight. "It's almost time."