Closing Regards

(Song above is Natsu Hayate by ARASHI. It was used as the theme song for the 100th national Japanese high school baseball championship, but hey, let's put it in the closing regards of a fanfic.)

I can't believe it either

This was my first published fanfic ever, and the first multiple-chapter one that I've finished. So first off, thank you for liking this book, sticking with it till the end, and supporting it throughout. I really appreciate it, and it was a definite factor in why I was able to finish this fic at all.

Surprisingly (or not surprisingly, if you know my character), a lot of this book was unplanned. Things occurred and stuff fell into place along the way, people came and went, arcs were scrapped and replanned entirely, and character development of minor characters just sort of... happened. And yet, I feel that it worked out for the most part.

Now because of this, there are certainly things I need to fix. There are paragraphs I don't need, loopholes that happened because I switched my plans through the process of writing, transitions that could have gone a lot smoother, and tons more. Thankfully these aren't anything massive, and it's not like I'll be changing this entire thing. But I will be going back and editing (I will probably edit for eternity).

But I'm super glad that I got to be motivated for this, and all of you were the reason why I was able to keep writing :)

PAY ATTENTION: If you are one of those people who click on author's notes out of curiosity before you've even read the book, I strongly advise you stop. Not even advise, just order. Stop. (I am one such person who looks at author's notes when they pop up. Don't be like me.)
From this point on, there will be spoilers about what happened in the book, and I mean HEAVY spoilers, things that will confuse you without context, and take the fun out of reading it and coming to love all of the characters on your own. So take a deep breath and go back and read this fic first, then it's a total win-win. :)

Seriously, go.

go.

Okay, and now that it's hopefully only people who've read this:

A few goals I had in mind since the beginning of this book were:

-Zushi's dad (yes, from that early on)

-Fei becomes a grumpy mother duck (hope the ride wasn't too ooc for your tastes)

-put Kurapika in the villain role because it makes sense that way (I was super excited writing him falling into darkness, though it was harder drawing him out of it)

-and of course, write as best I can! And my writing definitely improved throughout this whole process, so thank you fanfiction! (This of course means that at first, I was not good. But I edited so it's all safe now... hopefully.)

-side note, I wasn't really thinking of getting Machi with anyone but ever since the idea came to me I CLUNG TO IT, MAN

Goals I should have achieved:
-So people have pointed out that they thought Temmi (Zushi's mom) would be Gon's mother and I feel SO STUPID BECAUSE THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE AND IT'S SUCH A GOOD AND UNEXPLORED IDEA AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

-Maybe I should have been nicer to Lucky and Rein

-and Uvo
-and Paku
-and Phinks

-and Fei

-and Kurapika

I suppose I'll just have to beg these characters for forgiveness and Lucky would probably forgive me (or maybe not, maybe he'll be stingy just because I gave him sadness and killed him multiple times), but Feitan would kill me on the spot.

You know, I really don't have much to say other than thank you, because without this support I would have lost motivation. All of your support has really warmed my heart. (Also I'm still having a hard time accepting the fact that I actually just finished a fanfic-)

If you all have any comments, concerns, questions (either for me, the characters, or about the book), just leave them here and I'll do my best to answer!

I hope you all enjoyed the ride, and once again... *elbows characters and whispers* that's your cue-

 *elbows characters and whispers* that's your cue-