Chapter 26

Me and Jay go to dinner at a burger joint in town. He's quiet the whole time.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says lying.

"Tell me now." I say and grab his hand with both of mine.

"I said nothing." He growls. I stop and finish eating.

"I'm going outside for a sec." He says.

"Ill come-." he cuts me off.

"No, I can go on my own." He says and walks to the door. I sit alone and sink in my seat. He's mad at me. Our waiter comes over and sits in Jay's seat.

"Are you okay?" He asks. He's a senior. Ive seen him around school a few times.

"Yeah I'm fine. thanks for asking though." I say.

"I'm lewis by the way and You did good last tonight." He says.

"Thanks. I'm just the quarterback though. I couldn't have won without them." I say.

"Just the quarterback? Jordan, people talk about how good you are all the time!" He says. "Guys talk about how Jason is so lucky to have you." Jay just walked in.

"How do you know?" I ask leaning forward.

"Cause I'm one of those guys." He says. Lewis gets up and goes back to his job.

"I'm sorry." Jay says sitting back down. "I don't even care what you and that guy were talking about. I was being a dick and I'm sorry. I felt like if I told you I wanted that baby, I would be a pussy."

"You really want a baby?" I ask shocked.

"Yes, more than you can ever think. I would feed both of you on my own. I would never hurt you or the baby. I love you Jordan." he leans over and plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I.. I don't understand. Why would you want something that would make it so hard for us to handle? I'm only in 11th grade!" I say.

"If we had a baby, we could move in together! Start a family!" He says with a smile. I just look at him.

"Not now." I say.

"Why not!?" He says a little too loud.

"Because I said so! When your the one that has to tell her boyfriend she can't have a kid-." I cut myself off. Everyone looks at us.

"You what?" Jay says.

"Yes! I can't have a kid! I went to the doctor three years ago and they said I could never have a baby because my mom is a drunk, a smoker, and she does drugs!" I scream. I run out of the restaurant and start crying.

"Jordan." Jay says grabbing my hand outside of the door. He holds me close to his chest and walks to the other side of the building and leans on the wall.

"I'm sorry." I cry into his chest.

"Baby don't be sorry." He says.

"I'm a failure! I mess up everything! We can't have a dinner without a fight and it's all because of me!" I cry harder. He puts a finger under my chin making me look at him.

"No your not and its not your fault." He says and kisses me. I kiss him back and I can taste my tears on his lips. Both of his hands are on my cheeks.

"Why is everything so hard." I ask.

"It will get better." He says.