Chapter 28

In the morning Jay takes me out for breakfast before I go to the field to help that one guy from Friday. A husband and wife walk into the restaurant with a maybe four year old boy. I frown. The little boy holds out for his mom and she picks him up. He kisses her cheek. I smile but then sigh. Jay looks behind him and sees. He holds my hand.

"Forget about it." He whispers.

"I can't." I say. Jay leans across the table and kisses my lips.

"Aww young love." I hear a woman say. I can't help but smile.

"They look so cute together." Another says.

"Isn't she the quarterback of the high school team?" I hear a man say.

"Hey Jay." I hear a squeaky voice say. "Oh, and Jordan."

"Hello Bitch." I say to Lauren.

"Yeah I'm the bitch." Lauren says rolling her eyes.

"You got that right." I say. A laugh comes from Jays lips but he covers it up with a cough.

"Ever hear of sarcasm?" Lauren asks.

"Not ready cause I'm always having to hear your squeaky ass." I say. I hear a few chuckles in the restaurant.

"At lest I have one." She says.

"A big mouth? Yeah we know." I say and I fight a smile. Jay is about to lose it.

"At lest I'm not a slut like you." Lauren says and smirks.

"Yeah your a whore." I say. Jay is cracking up.

"Yup I am." She says and kisses Jay. The party at Nolan comes in my mind. I grab her hair and push her back and she falls onto a table full of food. She screams when she sees her clothes. The whole restaurant burst into laughter.

"Don't mess with a girl football player." Jay says and winks at me. Lauren runs out of the restaurant. Jay drives me to the field and I see that guy is here. I kiss Jay bye and run to the field.

"By the way I'm Hayden." The guy says.

"Jordan." I say. I help Hayden practice and get a little better.

"Who was that guy you were walking with on Friday?" He asks.

"My boyfriend." I say.

"Oh." He says.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"I was hoping he was your brother or something." Hayden says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I think your kind of cute." He whispers.

"Thanks but not really." I say.

"Yes you are." He says and gets closer to me. I back away a little trying not to make it awkward. Hayden try's to lean in to kiss me. I back away far.

"I'm flatter but I'm sorry. I love my boyfriend and I'm not going to cheat on him." I say.

"One little kiss won't hurt." Hayden says getting closer. I walk backwards. I see Jay pull info the parking lot. I trip and fall. He slaps me across the face. He kicks me in my side.

"Hey! Get away from her!" Jay yells. A gun is pointed to my forehead.

"Don't take another step!" Hayden yells at Jay. "I'll kill her!"

"Kill me not her!" Jay cries out. I look up at the gun. There's no bullets! I jump up and Hayden fires the gun at me. Jay screams. I push Hayden on the ground. Jay runs over to me. He grabs my phone and calls the police. They get to the school and take Hayden away.

"I thought I lost you." Jay says and hugs me. The paramedics come and check me.

"You'll want to put some ice on your side and your cheek but other than that your fine." A guy paramedic says and help me over to Jay.

"Take care of her. He says to Jay.

"I will." Jay says.