Hermione . 12

It has been a few days now, that Draco has left back to his home and I have been alone in the quarters, every cold, silent nights. Draco did not owled me, as I thought he would but I guess that he was a little bit too busy or forgotten to do so. I spent my nights alone in the quarters, sleeping at the common room with his jumper to snuggle in it. To keep myself getting content with the feeling that he's still around, though he wasn't. Sighing, I look up from my plate with my lips tightly purse to thin line as my eyes don't meet the eyes that I wanted to lock with. I really hope that he'll comeback soon, but I guess whatever matters that he and his family needed to take care of, is something really big and heavy for them to settle in short amount of time. Pansy, Blaise and Goyle have given me pretty good company, in exchange for Draco's absence whenever I'm alone or heading to my shared quarters. I didn't tell any of this to any of my friends, as I don't want them to come up with any assumptions about me and Draco's thing though I do believe that I have develop a crush on him. 

"Hermione!", Ron snaps me out. 

Startling a little, I shake my head before looking at my friends with slight frown, but only to meet with their concern looks. Better, every students at Gryffindor's table are looking at me with the similar looks that my friends are currently wearing on their faces. Pursing my lips a little, I look down to my plate before nodding slowly to them, in response. 

"Yeah, sorry. I just had something in my mind. About this rules thingy that I needed to check with Professor McGonagall, later.", I cover. 

My friends look at me for a little bit, before nodding, except for Neville who seems to smell my lie. I look at him with a pointed look, but he stays like so for good minute before he gives in to me. Returning back to his breakfast, I can't help but to sigh mentally before continuing my breakfast as well. I swear to Merlin that my appetite have long gone from me, since the past few days but I don't want my friends to noticed nor worried about my beings, so I force myself to eat some food. 

'How long will it takes for him to settle whatever matters that he and his family needed to take care of?'

Sighing once more, I shake my head before putting my fork down as I couldn't go on with my breakfast. I quickly finish my juice before informing my friends that I'll be going to class, first. They look at me in surprised, but I left before they could even say anything in return. I quickly grab my bag and robe from my seat, leaving the table as I head towards the exit of the hall. I make sure to put on my house robe on, as I walk out from the hallway heading to Transfiguration class once I exit the hall, but accidentally bump into someone along the way. I almost fall to the ground and I have prepare myself to meet the painful impact meeting the rough, hard ground but instead, I feel nothing than pair of hands wrap tightly around my waist. Frowning a little, I slowly open my eyes to meet his big, wide icy grey eyes that shaded with shock and worries. Almost instantly, I get surprised to see him here in the hallway with me. Better, he's the one who I run into, in this morning. For some reason, my heart blooms with happiness and relief when my eyes locks with his big, icy grey ones. 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you coming. I'm truly sorry for running into you, Granger. Are you alright? Hurt anywhere?", he speaks. 

He pulls me to my feet, since I was closed enough to fall to the ground due to bumping into him. I must say, that he is pretty hard. His figure is pretty hard and solid, though. He keeps his hands on me, a little longer as he's trying to make sure that I'm in good support while his eyes still maintain the eye-contact with me, making me blushing mess. 

"Y-Yeah, I-I'm good, thanks. I-It's fine, no harm done.", I mutter. 

He hums, looking at me with a relief smile before nodding slowly to me. His hands slowly leave my waist, making me almost whine at the lost of contact but I quickly hide it, biting my inner cheeks and tongue to hold the whine back. Pursing my lips tighter, I nod slowly as I look down to my shoes, trying to cover my lightly-tinted face with light blush pink on my face due to blushing at the closeness between us.