Hermione . 15

"Well, we're alone, now. We can talk whatever you want to talk about, in so-called private." 

Those words penetrates into my head like bullets. I could feel the room is getting hotter, in matter of seconds while my throat is drying faster than earlier. Gulping a little, I purse my lips tightly before dropping my head down, breaking my gaze as I look down to my desk. I mentally try to calm myself down, telling all soothing things to myself but who am I even kidding with? This Draco freaking Malfoy, I'm about to talk with! Taking a deep breathe, I finally gather my courage before looking up to lock my gazes with him, once again. This time, my face is fill with nothing more than determination. 

"Alright, let's talk! And I hope that you'll be honest with me for the whole time, or I swear to Merlin, that you'll face the consequences.", I speak. 

Now, that seems enough to have him feeling all surprised before pursing his lips, tighter. Nodding in agreement, he finally takes a seat to face me before resting his forearms on my desk, leaning forward a little to me. I can't help but gulps when I see him moving closer to me, fearing that I might do something stupid and embarrassing to him. Clenching my jaws every few minutes, I calm myself down before sighing a little, looking at him with an apologetic look. 

"Well, I'm going to start off with a sincere apology. I truly am sorry for making you upset and completely disturbed for whatever that was in my thoughts. I truly am sorry for making you uncomfortable 'til you had to leave the quarters, to seek some comfort and relaxation. I truly am sorry, but I did it with reasons. I did have reasons for why I was unable to speak with you, back then. I just didn't want to have a reason to quarrel with you, but I didn't realize too, that not clearing up to you will also create another unnecessary mess between us. I really don't want to fight you, Draco. I really don't! I really want to work things out with you, seemingly that you're now a changed man, but of course, with my stupid mistake, I have to blown that chances away.", I start off. 

I couldn't even keep my attentions on him, as I begin to avert my gazes down to my clasped hands on my laps. I keep biting my bottom lip as I wait for his response, but instead I get none from him. I could feel my heart breaks a little more, thinking that he's not up to accept my apology, just yet 'til he knows the reason why. 'Til we get to the bottom of this whole mess. Sighing heavily, I slowly shake my head before taking another deep breathe, slowly looking up to meet his gazes once again. This time, it's my turn to feel shock and disbelief when I find him smiling softly while looking at me with an adoration look. 

"For that, I couldn't agree more with you, Granger. You definitely blown the chances away, but not all of it, that's for sure. We'll talk about that some other time, but now, let's talk about what has been bothering your mind that made you avoiding me that whole day.", speaks Draco. 

Listening to that, I can't help but to crack a smile on my face before nodding to him. He nods back, in a sign that we've reached our agreement on that matter. His beautiful smile could literally heals my heart a little, but to know that he's no longer upset with me, make things even better. He soon to motions me to start talking about the things that has been bothering me back then, which instantly bring a bit of concern and fear inside my heart. Am I strong enough to talk about the matter with him? Am I strong enough to accept the fact that he could be with someone else than me? Am I strong enough to accept the fact that I have to watch him all loving and sweet with other girl, just like how Ron and Lavender is? Draco could see the struggle that begins to build inside me, before he gently cups my right cheek and stroke it as gentle as he can muster. For being too shock, I flinch at his touch before looking at him in pure disbelief. There he is, looking at me with an assuring look while stroking my cheek in an assurance manner. His thumb gently stroke against my cheek, like a feather touch against my skin. As if I'm somewhat a fragile item.