Hermione . 14

"Granger!", calls someone. 

Frowning, I look behind to see Pansy and her friends rushing towards my direction without Draco with them. For some reasons, my heart feels a little down when I don't see his familiar face around with us. Pursing my lips, I look at them as I wait for them to speak up, whatever they wanted to say. Instead, Pansy only grabs me firmly by my forearm and apparates me to somewhere. More to like a vacant class, before the others join us. Panting a little, I look at her in disbelief before pulling my arm from her grip, shaking my head a little. 

"What do you want from me, Parkinson? Where did you bring me to!", I ask. 

Pansy only rolls her eyes, assuring me that we're still in the school ground, only that we're in one of the vacant classrooms in the east tower. Pursing my lips, I nod slowly before looking at them with cocked brow. Blaise, Goyle and Pansy have these frustration looks on their faces before they lock their colored gazes with my warm honey-hazel brown ones. I almost feel a little disturbed by the gazes that they share, together. 

"What happened between you and Draco? Why isn't he staying in the quarters with you, as he supposed to? Did something happened between both of you, that we needed to be aware about? Watching him sleeping in the common room, like he's some kind of room-less when he clearly has a proper bed in a shared room with you, in a perfectly cozy quarters that belongs to none other than the two of you. He wouldn't speaks either, to us but we definitely know that something is up between you two.", speaks Pansy. 

She doesn't seems bother to cover things up, and getting straight to her points. I can't help feeling awful to find that he has been crashing his house's common room's couch, all these days. Ever since the day that Draco and I had a little bit of talking and Draco was a little too upset, if I have to say, he left the quarters and never come back for almost couple of days now. I know where he has been staying the nights, but never thought that he'd crash the common room's couch. I feel bad for him. Pursing my lips tightly, I look down to my shoes before shaking my head slowly to Pansy, knowing that I couldn't speak about the matter either to her. It wouldn't be proper if I speak about it to them, than to him, first. It's not that he left me unanswered, or else I could try get the answers from his friends, but I'm the one whose making things hard between us. I'm the one who started all of this mess. Pansy looks at me in utter disbelief, groaning in pure frustration before throwing her hands up in the air. 

"Whatever it is, can't you both like settle it quickly? How long does he need to sleep on that uncomfortable couch in our house's common room? What's the used of him having a bed in the shared quarters with you, if he's still going to stay in our house's dormitory. I'm not sure if it's just both of your egos, or both of you are just being completely immature, but you definitely need to settle this soon! Everyone has been talking about the two of you, if you're still unaware of that! Been talking that both Head Students aren't in the same head, due to some sorts of old rivalry. We thought that we've surpassed that, but clearly this telling something too.", states Pansy, firmly. 

I can't help feeling a little threatened by her, though I know that she's just looking after Draco. I know her intentions so well, that I could read them from her face. Pursing my lips tighter, I slowly nod my head in defeat to her which finally earns me a relief sigh coming from them. 

"I'm not sure whose at faults, but you should work it out quick before it spreads to the whole school's ground. 'Til it gets to Professor McGonagall. I don't think it'd be good if it reaches to her knowledge. After all, this is some kind of house unity between Slytherin and Gryffindor, if that's what she's trying to get between both, you and Draco.", tells Blaise. 

Looking at him for a little, I let out a small sigh before nodding again. Apologizing to them for making them worried of us, I quickly assure them that we'll get to the bottom of this. They look better and relief once they hear those assurance coming from me. Nodding, we finally apparate back to the right tower that we'll have our classes together. By the time we reach the corridor to our class, we meet Draco along the way and he's seems like on his way to the class, just like us too. He sees us appearing from thin air into the corridor before him, looking all surprised and disbelief before his icy greyish-blue eyes locks with my warm honey-hazel brown ones. Almost instantly, his gazes and face expression turns into bored, stilled ones within seconds. I can't help feeling a little hurt to see how he reacts when I'm nearby.