Hermione . 18

During lunch, Harry, Ron, Ginny and Neville haven't stop looking at me with some looks. Seamus, Dean and other Gryffindors too. I can't help but frown at them, but quickly shrug it off and continue to eat my lunch in silent. 

"Is it true what happened back in the Potion? That you smelt someone's scent.", asks Ginny. 

Looking up to her, I purse my lips a little before nodding slowly to her. That seems to make Harry and Ron to narrow their eyes at me, even more. I wonder what could be inside their minds, at this very moment. 

"Why?", I ask. 

Ginny looks at me back, surprised but quickly flash me a smile and shakes her head in response. She quickly tells that it's nothing, just her curiosity. I don't know if I should believe on that claim, but shrug at it. I continue to dig into my food but I can feel myself turning into a ticking bomb from their stares they're giving to me. Sighing a little, I set my spoon down before clearing my throat as I slowly look up to meet my friends' gazes. 

"Something's definitely up and neither the three of you are being yourself. Except you, Neville. I know exactly what's running inside your head, Neville, but not them. If you don't mind, I'll be waiting for the lot of you by the lake. I'm done.", I speak. 

That seems enough to snap Harry, Ron and Ginny into shock but I only roll my eyes in response. Taking my things with me, I quickly get up from my seat and leave the table without goodbye. I can feel eyes train on me, but I don't know that Draco's are one of them, too. Exiting the hall, I let out a groan of frustration before walking down the corridor heading to the Black Lake as I've informed my friends, earlier. I keep walking down the corridor with frustration builds inside my head, without even realizing that I'm being followed by someone 'til I finally reach the Black Lake. Dropping my bag to the ground where dry leaves scatter all over the earthy ground, I walk towards the water and stop just right where the water meets the shoreline. Staring into the space, I look around the empty area before letting out the heaviest sigh I could muster. 

"What could it be filling inside their heads now?", I mutter. 

Silence fills the area 'til I hear loud crunching noise behind me that made by whoever that steps onto the dry leaves. Almost instantly, my head snap behind to look but gasp is the only thing that escapes from my lips as my eyes lock in a gaze with his icy grey ones. What is he doing here? Particularly, right now? 

"Draco", the word slips out from my lips like warm butter. 

He only smiles softly to me, making his way to me with his hands plants deeper into the pocket of his robes. He drops his bag next to mine, and makes his way towards me before standing right next to me, staring up to the cloudy blue sky. Smile never leaves his face, which is a good thing for me. I just love seeing those beautiful smile plasters on his face, and it really makes me feel much better than I was, earlier. 

"What are you doing here, Draco?", I finally ask. 

I never want to kill the silence that we have, but I know that I want to know the reason behind his appearance here, with me right now. Chuckling at me, he looks at me with adoration before shrugging a little. 

"Nothing, just want to get some breather before I head to the library for quick a bit.", says Draco, while staring across the lake. 

I know that he hasn't tell the whole truth, but I quickly shrug it as I find his presence here really helps me in feeling relax and calmer, too. Smiling a little, I look at him before shaking my head in disbelief. 

"Alright, Malfoy. Whatever you say.", I chuckle. 

He joins me, before shaking his head at my response. We just stay there in complete silence, a very peaceful and relaxing silence before Draco decides to bring me over the dock nearby. Looking at him in hesitant, he quickly assures me that he isn't going to do anything stupid to me which instantly earns him a glare from me.