Prologue

Thud.

Ragged breathing.

He eyed the knife in his hands— his mind seemed far away. He didn't know what to do anymore. Nothing made sense anymore.

He couldn't think of anything. Except death. Sadness. Pain.

Couldn't bear it any longer. He closed his eyes. Would it be quick? He didn't know. He wasn't scared, though.

He accidentally fumbled and his knife flattered into the bathtub. Nobody heard it, though. Nobody was home.

He would be dead before they found him.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Oops. Maybe he was wrong. His sister was still home, and she was frustrated. She was banging on the bathroom door like crazy. "Come on!" She snarled. "What are you doing?"

He didn't reply. All he could see was the rules on the wall. And his wrist. And the knife, which safe in his shaky hands once again.

He didn't feel anything. He didn't need to.

It was all going to end.

He felt a small tingle, and everything went black, everything fading away

Icicle's shouts

Her eyes

Destruction

He closed his eyes, and

Everything

Faded

Away.

~

"Winter?" She struggled to keep her emotions calm. "I'm really sorry I did what I did. I can explain, I swear. I'll tell you in school, if that's okay. Please reply if you can."

He still wasn't answering her. She quickly made sure the message went into his mailbox, and placed the phone down, sighing. Only if her life could go the way she wanted it to go.

I messed everything up. She buried her head in her hands, her heart thumping. "Oh, moons. I hope he replies."

His image was still fresh in her mind: his white hair, his paralyzing blue eyes, his warm, caring smile. His laughter. The way her pulse quickened when she was around him. His hurt face and the way his eyes out up in disbelief when he saw her with Qibli.

It was a misunderstanding. It was all a misunderstanding.

It didn't make the memory hurt less, though. The way he shouted her to leave him alone when she tried to explain.

Did she deserve that? All she wanted was to get her old life back. With Winter.

"I guess I'll have to wait, then," she said aloud. Patience, Moon. You can't do everything at once. She walked up to her room to continue her Artemis Fowl book, disappointed and worried. She couldn't even concentrate, and it was her favorite book ever.

She finally mustered the courage to call Kinkajou. Maybe ask for advice. It took a long time for Kinkajou to answer, which puzzled Moon. Was she mad at her, too? Ugh.

"Hello?" She said into her phone anxiously.

"Hey, Moon." Her voice was muffled.

"I have to tell you something...it's bad."

"I already know." Kinkajou sighed. "I'm so sorry, Moon."

"Y-you do?" Moon gushed. Relief overlapped her worry. "I swear it was a misunderstanding. I tried to talk to him but he won't listen, and now I'm so worried that I ruined our relationship forever...help me, Kink."

It took a while for Kinkajou to reply. "Um." She paused. "Are we talking about the same thing?"

She furrowed her brows in confusion. "What do you mean? Of course! Aren't you talking about the fact Winter saw me and Qibli together, and he thought I was dating him and his mad?" She wondered why Kinkajou was acting so tired. It wasn't like her usual self. "I need advice. What should I do?"

"Moon." Kinkajou's voice was heavy.

"Yes?" She grabbed her teddy bear and pressed it to her chest. "Are you ok, Kink?"

"No." Kinkajou bursted into tears, which scared Moon. "I'm opposite of okay. I'll never be okay ever again."

"Why? What's wrong?" She stared into her phone. "Did something happen?"

Kinkajou sobbed. "Winter committed suicide yesterday."

Oh, crap.

~

YES I AM DOING IT AGAIN!!!! ;)

So sorry Winter fans....

Please vote, comment, and share ❤ thank you so much for reading this!

:)

Special thanks to Destiny_The_Sandwing for this amazing idea!!!

Thank you so much MiraculousMagix for the awesome cover! She makes covers for her friends, make sure you check them out! They're amazing!