{25} Stitches

MENTIONS OF RAPE (IT DOESN'T GO INTO DETAIL OBVIOUSLY WHAT DO YOU SEE ME AS 😂)

Winter

The next three minutes went like this:

"Let's call Turtle," Kinkajou said. And boom, he was there.

"Let's find you a wig," she said, and boom, there was an extremely realistic wig by his side.

When he asked her why she had such a realistic one, she stated she was into cosplaying and that the wig was her prized possession. Then a murderous look that said, if you hurt my baby, you will pay.

He turned, terrified, at Turtle. Which wasn't much better. Because Turtle was staring at him in a strange way, and when he asked him what was the matter, he didn't reply.

Kinkajou wrinkled her nose. "I don't know if I can find you a set of clothes. You're so TALL."

He blinked. "Maybe—"

"Less talking, more moving!" Kinkajou said, although she was the only one moving.

He scratched his head and started to tru the wig on, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?" He asked, blushing because he couldn't get the hair right. Then he knew why. Because of the notes.

In the locker. Just a piece of paper, just three little words that had so much power. Go kill yourself.

"I can't make it up to you," Turtle said hurriedly. "But I will try. I'm not asking for an apology. I'm kind of apologizing because, well, it was wrong. What I did, I mean. Well, of course it was, I just wanted to say sorry and all—"

"Woah, it's fine," he said, tugging on the wig.

Turtle widened his eyes. "But it's not! It's not okay. What I did to you. What I said to Moon. I— it wasn't right." He ug his face into his hands. "God, I feel so ashamed."

He smiled and reached out, patting Turtle's arm, then drawing back hurriedly when he flinched. "But you're apologizing. And I'm forgiving."

Turtle stared at him, and then the floor. "I don't know why I did it. Actually, I do. I was so jealous. You made everything seem effortless, and maybe if I was as perfect as you, Mom would notice—" His cheeks burned. "I mean, no, nothing. Forget it. Wait, you can't, right?"

"My mother didn't," he said, although he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was bitterness, or relief, or maybe pain. "She didn't notice. She never did. She only noticed my mistakes." He clenched his fists. "Maybe you should stop going for people who would never notice you. Maybe you should change targets." He sighed. "Sorry. I dont mean to be rude."

Turtle shrugged, although he seemed a little hurt. "You're right, though."

"Or maybe you can find something— like a hobby— that you guys share." He said, trying to sound cheerful.

"We both like writing," Turtle whispered, like he was afraid the words, if spoken too loud, would hurt him.

"There!" He said, feeling awkward. He felt like a school counselor. "Maybe you can write something and show her."

He smiled. "Thanks." He breathed in deeply. "I always admired you, Winter. Well, at first I did because you seemed perfect. But now I admire you because you have been through hell and you're still a good person, like you always were."

I've never received an apology before.

Maybe the tapes were only one story. Thirteen sides, yes, but only one.