{1} The One Who Pushed It To The Right Direction

Moonwatcher Everfrost slowly walked to her Algebra class, her uniform perfectly in place and her jet-black hair rested on her shoulders and she tightened her grip on her thick, heavy-and-worthless-as-rock books. As she passed the locker marker 43, She closed her eyes tightly shut. But it drew her like a magnet, and she sighed and walked up to it, tracing a hand over the cold metal. She stared at the locker, looking over all the small stickers and Post-its people had placed on it.

You were hot dude

Why did you die

Why did you do this?

We love you

I hope you're in Heaven

Pictures with him in them, sometimes frowning, sometimes smiling. Sometimes holding a basketball in his hand. Sometimes a baseball. Sometimes his horse, Bandit.

"Why would he do such a thing?" Lilly said, frowning beside her. It startled Moon. "He was so popular and rich. And hot," she added before snapping a photo of the locker and posting it on Instagram. It made Moon angry.

"This isn't a museum, you don't take a picture of it and then post it online," she spat angrily.

Lilly smirked at her, rolling her eyes. "You're not my boss, little girl. That's what everyone does those days. Except losers."

Moon felt her face heat up. It wasn't like her usual self to pick a fight, but it made her angry. "Shut up, Lilly."

Lilly laughed, swinging her backpack over her shoulder. "Yeah? Fight me, nerd."

She yelled and brought a fist into Lilly's surprised face, her fists contacting the skin hard. She felt her it throbbing like crazy.

Lilly fell to the ground, shouting, and people stopped to watch them. Blood dripped to the ground, giving Moon a dark satisfaction.

She was sorry for her throbbing fist. It didn't deserve to touch a inhumane, dim-witted girl like Lilly Scresno. She hummed Sorry, Not Sorry as teachers ran up to them, an astonished look on their faces.

"I'll sue you!" Lilly yelled. "Ow, help me, she just beat me up! Where's my attorney? Somebody call my mommmmm!"

Ms. Asha stared at her with disbelief. "Moon? Did you do this?"

"She deserves it," Moon replied softly. She was starting to get embarrassed, and she could feel her face heating up. Ugh. I messed up everything, again.

"You. In my office. Now." Principal Kestrel said grumpily. "Why are there so many idiots in this school?"

Moon stared at her red converse, biting her lip. "Yes, ma'am."

~

"I can't believe you got in such a trouble today, Moon. Is it that hard to go to school, learn stuff, and come home? You beat somebody up, for heaven's sake!" Secretkeeper shouted, her face red with anger. "What is wrong with you?"

"I..." Moon sighed. "I'll try to be better, alright?" She gulped down her complaints and pointed to a box laying on the counter, desperate to change the subject. "What's that?"

"It's for you, a boy brought it, he said it was a history subject?" Secretkeeper shrugged and have it to her. "Go to your room, shoo, I don't want to see you until your homework is completed."

She was surprised how light the box was— and puzzled. They didn't have a history subject.

Someone was trying to give this to her. In secret. When she twisted her head to see the return address, it was blank.

She went up to her room and ripped it open, and found...a box of cassette tapes. And, concealed at the bottom, an ancient Walkman.

"What is this?" She mumbled as she placed what seemed like the first tape ( Tape 1, Side A) into the Walkman. She carefully connected her headphones with it. It couldn't be anything serious: probably a mean recording from Lilly or Onyx. Or maybe it was a history project, and she just wasn't aware of it.

When she pressed Play, there was first static. But then...

...a person's voice...

Hello, everyone.

It's me, Winter Absher, live and on stereo.

It almost stopped her heart. It can't be, could it? Winter killed himself a few days ago. Was this some kind of sick joke?

Can you hear me? Good. I would advise you to grab something— a blanket, a snack, a teddy bear, heck, I don't care— because it's going to take a while.

I know. I'm dead, isn't that right? You're waiting to go to my funeral. But, the thing is, I have to do something first.

I'm going to tell you the story of my life. Or, precisely, why it ended.

There are thirteen sides to every story, everyone. Thirteen people.

Thirteen reasons.

There are thirteen reasons why your friend died.

You are one of them.

Moon looked up, her head dizzy. "Oh, crap."

Enjoy.

Maybe you're worried I'll talk crap about you the entire tape. I won't, take my word for it. Why would a dead boy lie?

The answer: they won't.

Why blame you thirteen, though? I mean, I killed myself.

Oh, really? I did, didn't I? But the thing is, you thirteen were the ones who actually killed me.

I didn't kill myself— you did.

So, if you ever knew a boy named Winter Absher, keep listening. We'll see if my story breaks your heart like it broke mine.

But first, let me fill you in with the first story. The person who started it all. The person who pushed the right direction so the dominoes slowly toppled against each other.

The person who ruined my life....forever.

Hello, darling sister.

"Welcome to you tape, Icicle Absher"

~

If anybody has ideas/ want to help, you are welcome to! Please PM me, you will get credit for it!

PLEASE VOTE! If you like it, gimme some credit!