"Goodbye"

Isabella's POV

It's been 2 months and Leslie doesn't suspect a thing. He's totally forgotten about me being "sick" and everything is normal. Well as normal as it can be.

There were adults in the house today. That usually means someone else gets to have a proper family. I'm happy for them.

I saw Mama and asked her "who did that couple pick?" I wish I'd never asked. I wasn't prepared for the answer she gave me.

"They are adopting Leslie. I'm sorry Isabella but it's what's best for him. You'll be able to see him again when you leave." I didn't know how to feel about this. I felt selfish saying that I want him to stay and I am happy for him. He's going to have a real family and Mama was right. I'm going to see him once I've left. I have to. I couldn't live the rest of my life without him.

I went to find him immediately. I had to congratulate him. Of course he'd be on the other side of the house! I ran so I was out of breath by the time I got there. He was the first one to speak.

"Iz! I'm so glad you're here! I just met my foster parents! I'm getting adopted tomorrow!" his voice was filled with excitement. He's actually leaving.....

"Yeah I heard from Mama! I'm so happy for you! I'm going to find you as soon as I leave and we'll do whatever you want!" I'm smiling so I don't cry. I'm going to miss him so much. I can't show it though. He's happy and I have to be happy with him.

"Promise you'll find me?"

I tackled him with a hug while saying "I'll walk to the end of the earth for you."

We stayed hugging on the floor, until one of the older kids called us for dinner. Today was slightly different. Instead of walking beside me or dragging my by my wrist, he held my hand as we went to dinner. It felt so right.

We talked and joked until late that night. Mama didn't mind because it was his last night. We fell asleep. When I woke up, my head was on his and his on my shoulder. Today is the day I lose him. I studied his face closely. His ocean eyes were closed revealing his perfectly formed lashes and his mouth was slightly parted with small snores finding their way out.

After breakfast, Leslie's foster parents came to collect him. He looked as gorgeous as ever.

"I guess this is goodbye for now. Promise you'll wait for me?" I was trying to hold back my tears. He pulled me into a hug.

"Always. Goodbye Izzy," he said before kissing me on the cheek. I was in shock. I stood, frozen, confused on if that actually happened. Does that mean he likes me too? I can't handle it anymore. He's gone. I broke. I cried.

It's been 2 minutes and I miss him already. Goodbye Leslie....