"You- you want to meet her!?"

Leslie's POV

Is and I have been dating for a few months. It's been incredible! We've had our first argument and since then, we've understood each other a lot better. Every date, whether we go to a restaurant, the cinema or just shopping, is exciting and fun. I'm just happy to be with her again.

Right now though, Xander roped me into helping him with a picky artist so we were walking to the studio. Apparently they won't release anything unless they consider it perfect. I can understand it but it can be such a pain to deal with.

"...slie... Leslie" Xander pulled me out of my thoughts. Presumably to talk about the single we'll be working on.

"Sorry, Xander. I've got a lot on my mind at the moment," I said, feeling the heat rising thinking about Is again.

"It's cool. You were clearly thinking about your new girlfriend..." He trailed off to look at my tomato colored face and continued, "speaking of Isabella, when are we finally going to meet the girl?"

I hadn't thought about Is meeting Lilly and Xander, yet. I didn't even think before stuttering out "You- you want to meet her!?"

"Of course we do! You've talked about her since we adopted you. Now you're actually together, we want to welcome her properly." Xander's tone was hard to place. It was somewhere between happiness and pride.

Our conversation ended there because we were entering the studio. Xander's studio has a rule against personal talk outside of the break and writing rooms so now it's all about the music.

The rest of the day was pretty smooth sailing. The artist was way more relaxed than I thought she'd be and we agreed on a lot of ideas. We managed to get the single ready for release. I even managed to get some time to write my music with help from the best songwriters.

After getting home, I decided to text Is about this morning. The text simply read "hey Is. My parents want to meet my beautiful gf. Are you free on Saturday xxx"

She replied telling me she was free so I told Lilly not to cook. I love Lilly but she can only cook food from the freezer isle. She agreed on the condition that we ordered piri piri chicken.

The weekend was close but it felt like weeks.