"Nice to meet you"

Leslie's POV

Standing at the door was a tall man with dark brown, almost black hair and bright blue eyes. This is it. That's my new dad and he's going to take me to my new home.

"Ready to go Leslie?" he asked in a low voice, with a cheerful tone. Goodbye Grace Field. Thanks for sheltering me when no one else would. I took one last look at the old house, before going over to Isabella, the one person I'll never be able to forget.

She spoke first, "I guess this is goodbye for now. Promise you'll wait for me?" Tears were threatening to fall from her face. I'd do anything to stop that from happening. I remembered something mama had told me....

"Always. Goodbye Izzy," I said before giving her a peck on the cheek. I wanted to remind her that I'll never be able to forget about her. She's everything but now I have to leave.

I walked over to my foster dad and nodded before walking out with him. The first part of the walk to the gate, was silent. After a few minutes he spoke up.

"I know that I'm your new dad but you're old enough, I don't mind if you use my name. It's Xander" he said trying to make conversation but I'm too nervous to speak to him yet. "I saw that you have an instrument. Got an interest in music?" All I could do was nod in response but what came next was in expected. "That's really cool, maybe when you're older I could sign you."

I couldn't believe my ears. Xander is a record producer? I looked at him wide eyed and he smiled while nodding. But then I became curious.

"Umm... Xander?" He looked down at me happily, clearly because I talked. "What's your wife like? Do you uh think we'll be happy?" I said, unsure.

He laughed a bit before responding, "she's an amazing woman and I'm sure you'll love her. As for being happy, I couldn't be more certain we will be. You make our little family complete."

We made it to the gate and waiting there was a woman in all black. She had dyed her hair blue, as if to match Xander's eyes and eyes dark brown, almost matching his hair. As soon as they saw each other, anyone could tell, they're living their happily ever after. It was beautiful.

"My name's Lilith. Don't bother with all the formality of calling me mum. Hey! How about calling me Lilly?" She sounded like an excitable puppy but her voice was mature and neutering by nature. It was comforting but her approach was intimidating.

I decided to try to introduce myself through the nerves. "H-hi, Lilly?" I tested her nickname and she nodded so I continued, "I'm L-Leslie. Nice to meet you."

We then got into the car. I don't really know much about cars but it seemed to be quite expensive. The seats were soft and comfy, way better than the chairs at Grace Field. As Will drove, we all talked but it was awkward. All I could think about, was what type of house they live in. The possibilities were endlessly swerling through my head...