"Welcome to the family"

Isabella's POV

After receiving that text from Leslie, my head started spinning. What if they didn't like me? Or if they thought I wasn't good enough for him?

The days went on like that until Saturday. I had no idea what to wear. Cute dress. What if they thought I tried too hard? Jeans. What if they thought I didn't try hard enough? I just want them to like me yet all I can think about is how it can go wrong. Grace Field was the only family that I ever knew and Mama was my only parent. I don't know how normal families act.

Soon enough it wat time to meet Les. I had decided on a black dress with white trainers and a brown leather jacket. I hoped this would be suitable, especially since it was too late to change anyway.

I met Les at the café where we first reconnected. It was in walking distance from his parent's place. That's exactly what we did. We went hand in hand and with every step, more and more butterflies were filling my chest and throat. By the time we reached the front door, my whole body was filled with anxiety.

Things only got worse when I realized where we were. The elevator ride was the longest of my life. We were finally here. We got to the front door and as Les opened it, I go to see into the home.

It was huge. There was a kitchen to the right. It looked like it was straight out of a show room. A kitchen island separated the living room from the kitchen. The living room had a corner sofa, glass table and the biggest TV. Even with all that, it felt like a home. There were photos everywhere. All of Les' parents, Les or all three of them. The walls were littered with accomplishments. There was everything from production and fashion awards to Les' art and music awards from school.

Before I could take a good look at everything, Les' parents came in. They had the presence of celebrities but their smiles were comforting. His mum started the conversation.

"Hi, Isabella. I'm Lilith but I'd like you to call me Lilly!" She smiled as she proudly continued "this is my husband, Xander"

"It's really nice to meet you, Lilly and Xander. I'd also really like to thank you for giving Les a family" I replied as I was pulled into a hug. They told me about how much of a pleasure it was to adopt him.

"Welcome to the family" Xander started "now let's order food! I'm hungry. Is piri piri chicken alright with you?"

I told him it was fine and we exchanged embarrassing stories about Les all evening. It was really fun. I filled them in on everything embarrassing, when we were young and they did the same with everything since.

Everything felt right for the first time since Les was adopted. I never wanted this to end but I eventually had to go back to my apartment, by myself.