"Welcome to Out Little Owls"

Leslie's POV

Din had finally got everything set up for her nursery and I wasn't allowed to see it until now. It's also the first time in a good month that I've seen her because every spare second she had went into decorating and preparing.

The outside was mostly brick, with the extension and porch being pure white. There was a wall, about 3ft high, going around the edge of the property. A small sign hung just below the roof and another, larger one just behind the wall both saying "Our Little Owls day nursery", with an owl mascot next to it. The one by the wall had a little banner underneath that read "now hiring" with a few exclamation marks.

I was amazed at what she'd managed to do. I was also really proud of her. This is all she ever talked about while babysitting me and now, it's reality.

I finally managed to ring the doorbell. It only took Din a minute to run to the door and open it for me.

"Welcome to Our Little Owls! How may I be of service today?" she said in the most professional way possible before we both burst out laughing.

After calming down she showed me inside. The bottom floor consisted of 3 rooms. There was a playroom, break room and child friendly break room. Upstairs were the offices, meeting rooms and staff room. The garden was transformed into a children's play park.

"Din! You've done an amazing job on this place! I'm so proud of you!" I almost yelled in excitement, before tackling her with a hug.

We both laughed as we fell to the floor. We lay there joking and laughing for, what felt like hours before someone walked in.

"Oh. Ummm. Sorry! I didn't realise I was, ummmm, interrupting anything!" The man looked embarrassed and I'd almost say flustered. Why is beyond me. He was tall, with short, maroon, messy hair. His eyes were light brown and he had a scar across his face, the shape was like a giant cat scratch but it looked more like an old burn. Dina seemed to recognise him though.

We both stood up and she started talking, "Lucas, you know I'm gay. You've known for years." She turned around and walked off pretending to be busy. A sudden look of recognisation washed over his face.

"Dina! I didn't know it was you! Yuugo just said that there was someone I knew here. I didn't know it'd be you!" Lucas shouted, excitedly, as he ran and hugged her from behind, which earned him an elbow to the stomach.

After some talking, I learned that Lucas and Dina went to the same school. They both went to the same one I was leaving, Glory Bell. I also learned that the man Lucas was talking about, Yuugo I believe his name was, went to the same college as them.

As if it were fate, it was Goldy Pond, the same one I was about to attend.