Chapter 5: Miracle - Cedric

We played a few more songs after Crazy Train, going from Bob Dylan to Mötley Crüe to Megadeth.

We took a short break to get food and to go to the bathroom, and at this time, I saw Axton flirting with Tara.

Nic must've noticed because we both walked nest them to hear.

"So why is it, exactly, that your parents let you get those?"

Axton took his shirt off, beaming. I rolled my eyes.

"Jesus," I muttered.

"Well, the sword on my collar bone is the meaning behind my name."

"It looks like it's made from stone or something," she pointed out, running her fingers along his skin.

"Yeah, Axton means 'stone sword,' or something like that.

"And that one?" she asked, tapping the tattoo on his arm.

"It's just a fancy version if the letter B, for my last name. Nothing too cool about it."

"And the one here?" Her fingers traced along his torso, and I could tell he was going crazy about it on the inside.

"Well, that's an ax, and most people call me Ax, so that's why I have that."

"Is that it?"

Axton nodded, smiling.

"Any future plans?"

"I don't know. Maybe a face somewhere." He touched his left arm, running one spot. "Pretty face of a pretty girl?"

I saw Nic roll her eyes, making it obvious she was grossed out by this.

She walked over to Axton's parents and handed them some money, eventually getting herself shrimp.

"Want one?" Nic asked.

"Uhh, sure."

She handed me one, and I immediately popped it in my mouth, devouring the taste.

"This is... amazing," I sighed.

She nodded, sighing.

"Ax, get your shirt on and come play!" Scott said.

He nodded, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"How about some Brutal Chaos, eh?" Jeremy asked, wrapping his guitar around him.

I nodded, standing at the microphone.

"Which one?" I turned around, finding it best that Nic picked. "What song do you want, Nic?"

She paused, huffing.

"Beneath the Trench," she replied.

"Everyone knows that one!" Jeremy replied, scoffing.

"Exactly. So, the people that aren't fans still will know it," Nic reasoned. "Everyone knows Don't Stop Believing, but not all of them know who Journey even is," she added.

I nodded, knowing that was true.

Nic started on her drums, and I started playing the C chord.

This was an easier song to play, but because it was newer, it was harder for people to learn.

"Running my fingers through your

mind,
Only to realize... there's nothing to find!"

The lyrics were a tad cheesy in the beginning, but they got better.

I usually sang their songs, but Axton would sing them at other times, and Scott would if we forced him too. Jeremy usually sang for Thrash Metal songs, so it didn't really fit him.