Chapter 30: Memories - Various

A/N: This is a memory from each member. They're all different. They each have a song for them, as you'll see.

Nic:

Dead End Justice - The Runaways.

September 15th, 1983.

It was fourteen. It was my first time in prison, may I add. I was listening to The Runaways through my Walkman. My favorite song 'Dead End Justice' was playing, and boy did it speak to me.

They let me keep a Walkman, and I occasionally sang with the girls here. I'd been in here for a week, and I was about to get out soon.

And by soon, I meant a day.

I ran away and stole from a place, then tried to fight the cops. In the end, I was here.

That and they saw me using drugs.

I was always a rebellious kid. It was just who I was.

I met a girl here. She killed her abusive dad and she was pretty cool if I do say so myself.

Her name was Harvest. It was a strange name, but it was her's. I loved it.

She called me Liz, short for one of my first names.

She was the only one who ever did.

She was a great friend, no doubt. I loved my time around her.

But she was given a life sentence. She would spend her years in juvey until she turned eighteen, then would be stuck in prison for two hundred years.

The judge was an old man, and he was indeed sexist. Not only that but also racist. She was African-American, and he hated her guts.

So, she was stuck in here forever.

But we were here together, and that was all that mattered.

But we had plans.

We had plans to escape.

We sat out one day, drinking the soda's the gave us.

"What are you gonna do once you're out?"

"Me? Oh, I'm totally gonna go out and drum. Of course. I know a bit. But... I'll keep it up, ya know?" I replied. "You?"

"What makes you think I'm getting out?"

"Everything," I replied. "Don't you know..." I whispered. I leaned into her ear, my voice quiet. "We're escaping."

She grinned.

"Ever heard that song 'Dead End Justice' by The Runaways?"

"Yes, obviously, Harvest scoffed.

Later that night, we found ourselves a route. 

"You're getting out next week. What makes you think this is worth it?"

"I read their policy before I left," I told her quietly as we began to sneak. "They'll let you out if you escape and you're let out the next day. It's as simple as that. Stupid policy, eh?"

She nodded.

We took out the guards with ease and stole their flashlights. They were no match for us, in the end.

We ran out to the courtyard. There were acres and acres of fields.

We ran out in the dark. We could see figures outside, but our little minds doubted they could see us.