Chapter 9: We Have A Deal - Cedric

I couldn't write anything.

I couldn't think of a single thing to write.

I was giving up completely.

For someone who could sing, I couldn't write.

We decided to name this song "Real," simply because it showed how we really lived. It was real people telling real things, and now we could get the message across to others who may be having the same feelings.

Scott had gotten his verse down pretty quickly, and for a first song, it wasn't awful.

Welcome to the life of an outcast/ My world, it's quite abstract/ I've never met my old man/ I guess he had a different plan.

Scott didn't want to go into much detail on his family life, which felt understandable. His was shorter than everyone else's, and it was the starting line. Then, it went to Nic's.

Nic was still trying to clean up her verse, but it wasn't too bad. Scott decided to keep his short, so Nic had to add into her own verse to make things even.

I ran as fast as I could/ Wondering if this was a natural childhood/ How did one hate their child so much/ All I did was fear their touch// The pills took control/ Slowly taking away their soul/ I was their sacrifice/ And every night, I would pay the price// I was born from an ass and a whore/ But, come on, what are parents for?

It was only when you looked deeply into it, you could see the meaning of it. All about her parents not only abusing drugs but also abusing her. I could recall the first time I saw her, she blurted it out like it was no big deal. The way she said things made it seem as if it would never bother heard, but I know that just wasn't true.

And knowing her even more now, I've been able to see how hurt she really is.

After Nic, there came Axton. I knew he was struggling too. The poor older boy didn't exactly know how to count syllables, which we told him just to ignore altogether.

"How is it going?" Rocket asked as he entered the studio. Nic turned to him, grinning. I almost felt disgusted at their romance, if you could even call it that.

Apparently, when she spent the night, she did more than sleep.

But that was none of my business.

"Horribly," Axton sighed.

"it can't be that bad, Ax," Nic said. She offered to read over it, which he accepted, sighing.

Nic scanned through his lyrics, and she nodded a bit. "I think it looks good, dude."

"Seriously?" Axton asked. Considering Nic was brutally honest, he was shocked at her kindness.

"Yeah, it does, Ax," she said.

"So, the songwriting process usually going verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus. You're combining verses is the only difference. Also, Metal isn't like any other genre. This is just plain and simple Heavy Metal, correct?" Rocket ranted.

"Would we really call it plain and simple, Rocky?" Nic asked, folding her arms.

Rocket beamed at the nickname, which resulted in me rolling my eyes.

"No, no we would not, Nici."

Now my eyes were seeing the inside of my head.

"Where's Jeremy?" Rocket asked, looking over our heads to see if he was behind us.

"He said he had to go get a guitar. I think he's buying himself a Flying V," Axton replied. "His original was recently destroyed, so he's going back to a new one. He had it for years and years He said he's trying to get a black one with purple frets and the letters V and O on there. I guess our band logo is now in spray paint signature."