Chapter 26: World Of My Own - Tara

July 4th, 1987.

I laid in Ax's arms, a wide smile on my face.

His arms wrapped around my body as I laid my head on his chest.

My bump was very visible, but his hands rested on them. His thumb would be grazing it every now and again, just for comfort.

Most boys our ages would've just left a girl as quick as possible when she got pregnant, but here he was.

I was more than grateful he was here, yet I was still wondering if he really wanted to.

Maybe he just stayed because he knew that his parents were in the same situation, but I was sure he didn't want to be here.

Suddenly, I had the jolt to pee.

I stood up, blocking his view of the fireworks.

"Where are you going, babe?"

"I've just gotta use the restroom, that's all," I said as I excused myself.

"Do you need me to come?"

"No, I'll be fine," I replied.

I hiked up to the restroom, my legs nearly giving out.

I took a few deep breaths once I reached the random, small building that was the restroom.

I tried to open the door, only to see that it was the men's and that it was locked.

"Whoops," I laughed. "Wait... why is this locked?" I asked myself.

I tried to open it again, but it wouldn't budge. I then knelt down, looking through the airway at the bottom of the door.

I saw a body lying there, a jacket on the floor, and stains of dried blood.

I gasped in horror, relentlessly shaking the door.

I grabbed a bobby pin out of my hair and opened the door with it.

I slammed it open, hurrying inside the restroom.

Then, there lie Scott.

I screamed in horror at the sight of him.

His body was sprawled against the floor, his nose covered in blood.

I could see white powder on the sink, all over his shirt, and a dash on his nose.

A twenty-dollar bill was crushed in his hand, and even it was stained with the white powder.

His jacket was near him, small packages on top of it.

What was he doing?

My shaky hands tried to find his pulse, and I let out a sigh of relief when I found it.

"Help me!" I screamed. "Please, help me! HELP!"

Sobs escaped my mouth, tears falling down my face.

"Please, help! HELP!"

Footsteps rushed my way, only to be Axton, Nic, Jeremy, and Cedric.

They stood in horror together.

Axton quickly knelt beside me, holding me close as he stared at his friend.

"Have you found a pulse?" Nic asked urgently as she cleaned off Scott's nose.

I nodded, sobbing. "I did but it's so slow!"

She just nodded.

Nic reached into her jacket, snatching a small needle.

It was connected to something else she had brought, and as she connected it, she proceeded to do chest compressions.