Chapter 28: We'll Make It, I Swear - Rocket

July 20th, 1987.

My beautiful fianceé wrapped her arms around my back, kissing my bicep.

"Good morning, gorgeous," I complimented.

"Good morning," she giggled to herself.

Tour had just been put on pause, and it was perfect.

I smiled slightly, turning around and hugging her.

"How did you sleep, sweetheart?"

"I slept amazing. I woke up and I realized... I'll be getting married in sixteen days."

I picked her lips, smiling. "I'll marry the love of my life in sixteen days, huh?"

She chuckled. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Thank you, princess. Today we are going to my parent's house and we are going to meet my family. All of them have come up from Mexico and want to meet you."

"Oh... really?"

"Don't be concerned, sweetheart. They'll love you. They might expect a Mexican girl because they've always wanted me to marry a Mexican girl. Or they might expect you to be Cuban or Nicaraguan or maybe even Brazilian. But... you're perfect no matter what."

"They expect me to be Hispanic or-or Latina?"

"No, princess. They may have thought that but... I love you, so they will too."

She just nodded a bit.

"Well, the mood is slightly lost, but... you deserve an early birthday morning present," she giggled, guiding me upstairs towards our bedroom.

"Oh... do you, now?" I smirked.

"Oh, I absolutely do."

She shut the door behind her, guiding us to our bed with our connected lips.

---

"They won't hate you, love. They will love you, darling."

She nodded a bit, playing with her tongue piercing.

"Please don't be concerned. You've practiced lots of Spanish, so... there's that."

"How many people will be there?"

"Well, my mom has three siblings. So her brother, Nicolás, will be there. He has two kids, one who is a year younger named Luis and one who is three years younger named Isabel. Then my mom has two sisters named Valentina and Lucía. Lucía has a daughter named Inéz. Inéz is about five years younger than me, alright? I'm the oldest. Then Abuela and Abuelo will be there. Abuela's sister, Juanita, will also be there."

She looked overwhelmed, shocked to the bone.

"My father has a brother named David. David has a daughter named Elena and another daughter named Esmeralda. They're twins and a few months younger than me. He has a sister named Selena. She has four kids name Diego, who is two years younger, Adrián, who is three years younger, Antonella, who is four years younger, and Delecía, who is five years younger. Then my dad has a sister named Camila. She has a son named Pablo, that's it. Then he has another brother named Pedro, with no children. Last, he has a brother named José that has a daughter named Gabriela who is a year younger, a daughter named Emilia who is four years younger, a daughter named Natalia who is five years younger, and a son named Vicente who is seven years younger. My dad's parents both died when he was younger, as you know, so they won't be there."

"Oh... my God..."

"My grandparent's siblings will also be there. But... you'll get to know them."