Chapter 25: Addiction - Scott

A/N: MENTIONS OF DRUGS AND USAGE OF DRUGS!

Energetic as ever, Ced was.

I was my natural, chill self.

I was never very outgoing or anything like that, but more calm and collected.

I liked it that way, honestly.

I hadn't shown much emotion in my life, and it led me to get closer to people.

I was always like this, so I was an easy child to take care of.

I smiled to myself a bit, enjoying the roar of the crowd and Ceddie pointed the mic towards them.

We were high off their energy, smiling widely.

Every night was like this, and they were the best nights of our life.

---

I looked at myself in the hotel room mirror, wondering about absolutely nothing.

I looked down at my chewed and dirty fingernails, scratching my dry skin with them.

"Oh, Scott, how to describe you?" I asked myself, pointing out all my flaws that weren't always noticed.

I had a chipped tooth, with uneven dimples shown when I smiled.

I had a birthmark on my back, only visible when I was shirtless.

Despite my chipped tooth, I had a gap between my back teeth.

I always had dark began under my eyes that looked like dirt, and all around, I looked like I was pretty dirty.

My hair dye that was black permanently changed my hair, but I was chill enough to where I just didn't care.

My lips were chapped, just as usual, and my tongue was plenty dry.

In the end, I looked kind of homeless.

But what's so bad about that?

I stared down at what I had on the sink, and what I was sure I'd instantly regret.

"Your mom is gonna kill you," I told myself.

But wasn't the cocaine gonna be fun?

It wasn't that expensive, and marijuana always seemed to help my lyrics.

'Free Time' was a big hit, just as predicted.

All of our albums had hit number one and a million copies were sold per album.

That was great, right?

Surely this wouldn't be much different.

After a few minutes of procrastination, I curled up a loose dollar bill I had.

I made only a small space that I could snort it with, positioning into a tube-like shape.

My hands shook, wondering if I really should do this.

Lots of people did it, and the truth was, they had better lyrics when they were on coke.

What would be the difference if I did it too?

Then, I began to snort it.

Instantly, my head shot up.

I started heaving, disbelief washing over my tired face.

It didn't feel bad, no.

It was new, but... I liked it.

"What was that?" I gasped.