Chapter 31: Wedding Bells - Nic

July 31st, 1987.

My beautiful partner stood on the edge of our pool, staring at me as I danced around in my bathing suit.

"My beautiful girl," he mumbled to himself.

"You likey?" I giggled, laying my body down on the soft concrete and staring into his beautiful brown eyes.

"I love it," he replied softly, kissing my lips.

My finger stroked his face, a seldom expression on his face. "What?" I asked.

He paused, taking my hand off his cheek and kissing my knuckles. "I can't wait to marry you."

"Me neither," I said softly, kissing his plump lips once again.

Our back door opened, only to reveal three outrageous boys hollering at the top of their lungs.

I giggled, kissing Rocky's nose before standing up and turning back to Kenneth, Cory, and Eric.

"Hello, Nic!" Kenny greeted.

"Well hello, Kenny," I said. "And hello to you two," I added, turning to Cory and Kenneth.

"Are you excited?" Cory asked.

"Excited as ever," I replied. "I'm marrying the man I love tomorrow... how much more excited could I be?"

They all smiled as I guided them towards Rocket.

"They're ready to go, baby," I told him.

I watched as he used his upper body strength to pull himself up out of the water. He grabbed a towel and dried his soaked body, much to my pleasure. I bit my lip as I watched him, my attraction all too far.

"Bye, Rocket. See you tomorrow, okay?" I said as I patted his chest.

He kissed my lips longingly, his bandmates smirking. Kenneth cleared his throat after a few moments, only for us to break apart. "Bye, Nici," he whispered against my lips.

"I'll be the one wearing white," I reminded him.

He smirked, kissing my knuckles as he began to walk away. "Love you, baby."

"Love you too, Rocky," I said, biting my full nails as he walked off with his friends.

"Love you, Nic!" Kenneth hollered, jumping up and down like a little kid.

I smiled to myself, thinking longingly about the man I was to marry.

I really had found the love of my life.

---

August 1st, 1987.

"Wake up, Nic!" Tara insisted as she shook me awake.

"Mmm, why?" I groaned.

"It's your wedding day!" she reminded me.

I groaned again, rolling over to my back.

"Oh, you look so sexy when you wake up," she joked.

Viv and Les laughed as they pulled me up out of my bed.

In the kitchen, I could see Aunt Carol and Marina making some drinks for us.

"Oh, you guys didn't have to do that," I reminded them.

"It's your wedding day, sweetheart!" Marina cheered.

"Either way, Marina and I have had a wonderful conversation on President Reagan," Carol said. "Can I speak to you for a moment, Nic?"

"Uh... sure," I replied, waiting for Carol to walk me back to my room.

She sat down on my bed, waiting patiently for me to do the same.