Chapter 14: New World - Cedric

The crowd adored us.

They were all over us, and we only made them love us more.

People loved us.

"Hello, California!" I yelled.

The crowd screamed back in return.

I laughed, shaking my golden hair.

"You know, we're from here. We're all from Sacramento. We were formed after our adorable bassist, Axton Burton, showed us his skills on the bass. Everyone tell Axton how happy you see to see him!"

The crowd screamed at my best bud, to which he just smiled.

I walked to Ax and wrapped my arm around him, happiness an obvious factor on our faces.

"Axton, do you feel the love?" I joked. He laughed, nodding.

"Marry me, Axton!" a girl in the crowd screamed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I've got a girlfriend," Axton revealed.

Loads of people in the crowd sighed loudly, obviously let down.

"God, Axton!" Nic jokingly scoffed into her microphone.

"You're letting people down, Axton!" Scott added.

"Why do you always have to mess up, Axton?" Jeremy continued.

Axton found this hilarious.

"So, it all started when Ax showed us he could play bass. We had never met Nic, so really, we were just three boys who played guitar and one boy who played bass. Then a few years later, Nic got expelled from every school in Sacramento, and eventually transferred to ours. I saw her, and it hit me - she was the perfect drummer. We got her to play, and a few months later, here we are!" I ranted.

The crowd roared, obviously loving every bit of this.

"You know, my cousin is the girl Ax is head over heels for," Nic added.

The crowd cheered, still loving us.

"So, our last song was pretty fast, as you may have noticed. This one, Ax wrote about that girl. She did something to him, and we don't exactly know what. She has this bubbly personality that I don't think any other girl can have. She's an artist too - she loves to paint. But, God, she's changed Axton in ways we can't even begin to describe," I rambled. "We're all so overjoyed to have her."

I paused.

"Well, except Scottie, but he doesn't like anybody," I joked.

Even Scott laughed.

Jem started the song on his acoustic, and I could tell the crowd loved it. We didn't even get to the lyrics.

"My ginger beauty,

You've awoken something in me.

My ginger beauty,

You're someone no one can beat.

How'd you do it?

How'd you make me so happy?

With you, I can never miss.

Oh, with you, I feel so free."

The positive reaction from the fans was all we could ask for. Songs about one particular person usually hurt fans, but they were clearly loving this song.