Chapter One

Authors Notes-
(Hi guys! My names Layah and I hope you guys enjoy this new book I'm submitting here for you guys. It took all of my confidence to publish this so if you guys have any feedback I would love to hear it! I've decided to release three chapters each day for you guys instead of one. Sometimes when I'm in a good mood I may submit a couple more but I feel as if three is decent. There's a lot of romance and drama that's going to be in this book including love triangles and such. I hope you enjoy the book so far I've enjoyed writing it and just know the more I write, I'm getting better trust me. Ha. Any who I hope you guys like this, share it with your friends and all love you guys <3)
PSA- The first couple of chapters are going to be a little short but as you go they get longer sorryyyy. I will do an update after the first three chapters!)

"Leah!" My father called me from downstairs as I was getting ready for my departure. I was officially going to college, I did it. It took a couple rough years of high-school but, I pulled through. I laid in bed fantasizing about how it was going to feel to step on foot of a college campus. I couldn't say whether or not if I was ready, given my entire life has been in shambles since the day I was born. "Leah! hurry up we don't have all day!"

My older brother yelled while banging on my door. I groan, "Shut up, I'm coming! Berkeley isn't that far you know!" I yelled back still lying-in bed. "Well it's far to me so hurry up and get ready!" He says. I get up and walk towards my mirror. Today held a different feeling, a new start. As cliche as it sounds, it's the truth. I'm leaving my comfort behind to live in a new world, a world i'm unfamiliar with.

After my shower, I quickly threw on the old Berkeley sweater my mom passed down to me when she found out I had gotten accepted. Along with my flared jeans, and my converse I hurry down to the kitchen. I had packed my bags the night before so at least I was somewhat prepared. My mom, dad and Brandon watch me as I enter, leaving me no choice but to stare back at them. 

  "This is very nerve wrecking". My mom's eyes began to water. Okay, here she goes. I hate when my mom begins to cry because when she cries, so do I. "My kiddos are growing up." She said with her voice breaking. Brandon and I make direct eye contact. He gives me that, "speed this shits up" look, as if this was my choice of interaction, asshole. 

"Armon would be so proud of you two. He'd be happy to see his brother and sister growing up, and off to college." Dad said putting his arm around my mother.

    I told myself I wouldn't cry. I've cried for the past two years of my life, and I wasn't about to continue this cycle every time my parents mentioned my brother. "Alright mom, we've gotta get on the road. Even though it's only two hours of driving and for me that is a lot." Brandon says.

My mom wipes her tears. "Alright. I'll walk you two out. BJ please, no annoying your sister, and Leah dear god, keep your hands to yourself." She says. BJ (we call him that for short.)  and my dad pack the car with our stuff, and I begin to realize... we weren't babies anymore. It terrified me, but I was ready. I was ready to be the adult I dreamed of being. I was in my mother's last embrace, and it felt like forever before she let go.

I hugged my dad one more time before BJ called me for to get in the car. My father began to hold my mother in I his arms. "Be careful! Call us when you get the chance! We love you!" My mother yells out as we pulled from the driveway. The farther we drive, the farther they go, out of sight.