Chapter Twenty Eight

After last night I felt a little bit of relief. Damon still hasn't told me about the whole Christian, Nathaniel situation. I'm kind of happy he hasn't because I'm not sure what to expect from it when he tells me. Honestly I don't know what to expect from anything anymore. All that I know is, it's bad. If everyone I so hesitant to tell me then I'd rather not know, even though I still do.
  I'm positive Christian wasn't aware of my whereabouts in the middle of the night. I still have yet to ask him about why he was sitting in the living room, sad. I knew something was wrong from the start. I woke up early and headed to my classes only for them to get cancelled due to bad weather. I had been getting multiple thunderstorm amber alerts and flood warnings. I peaked out the window only to see the rain crashing down onto the windows horribly.
  I laid at the end of the bed and began to stream Netflix. At this moment I didn't want to watch anything romantic. I've been literally living it so it's like watching my own tv show. I decide to go with something more horrific. Maybe Annabelle, or the conjuring. I hear it's based on a true story which sends a bit of chills down my spine. Knowing that something like that could have actually happened really scares me.
I couldn't imagine living in a haunted farm house, and being tormented by demonic spirits. It seemed like perfect timing to watch it. The storm seemed to be getting worse but I wasn't worried about that. I actually enjoyed the rain. The loud thunder, the terrifying rumbles, I liked it. I was officially into this movie. Horror had always been my favorite genre for some odd reason. It's all I used to watch. But as I got older, I got more into writing and less into movies.
I felt a small shift on the bed from Christian. I turned around his direction to see if he was awake. His eyes, still closed, and he's still asleep. My gazing at him is interrupted by a knock at the door. Did Damon forget his key or something? I get up slowly trying not to make any noise and make my way to the front door in the living room.
To my surprise, is Sam, Tyler, Jason, Mari, and Alex at the door. What the hell are they doing here? It's like a freaking hurricane out there how did they manage to get here? "Do I even want to know why you guys are here?" I ask with caution.
Sam chuckles lightly. "We missed you guys. Can't you see?" Alex says. I roll my eyes stepping out of their way so they can proceed inside the apartment. They all look around and take Alex and Mari take a seat. "So, where are Damon and Christian?" Before I can speak, Christian walks into the living room, rubbing his eyes in shorts and in his college sweater. "You guys couldn't be any louder huh?" I looked in his direction and he greets me with a kiss on the cheek. Mari begins to put her hands together and under her chin, with a very wide smile. "Look at you two, a couple." I nod.
"We figures that you guys might want our company." I roll my eyes. "I wouldn't be so sure." Jason puts his hand to his chest, faking a gasp as if he was offended. "Leah Banks, wash your mouth out with soap!" I laugh.

"We figures since classes were cancelled today that we'd just, pop up." Tyler says looking around. "Where's Damon?" He adds. I point to his bedroom without any other words. Tyler runs to the bedroom and I can hear the bed creaking as if someone was jumping on it. "Wake up you lazy son of a bitch!" I could hear Damon groaning and then, a thump on the floor. Damon's voice filled the apartment as he was trying to get Tyler to leave him alone. They acted just like brothers, that's one thing that I love about them.
  Damon finally came out of the room along with Tyler, rubbing his head. "What happened?"'Jason asks while laughing. Tyler glares at Damon who looks at him with a creepy smile as if he's up to no good. "This shit bag knocked me off the bed and I fell head first." Tyler sits down on the floor as everyone begins to laugh.

"Assholes." He mumbles.

We all sit and chatter amongst each other. I take it upon myself to go into the kitchen away from the large group. From a distance I here from Mari, "So is she going to talk to him? It's her brother." I roll my eyes and decide to keep my mouth shut. Honestly this has nothing to do with her. I don't care if he is my, "brother" I'll talk to him when I fucking feel like it. I grab a soda from the fridge and make my way back to the living room as everyone stares. I squint my eyes and look at them. "What? Why are you guys staring?" Sam shakes his head.

"Nothing." He says, obviously lying. Okay, I'm done. This is why we all can't hang out because they constantly worry. I slam the drink down onto the coffee table. "That's it. Do you guys think that I wasn't listening to your conversation?" Everyone remained quiet. I scoff. "So now no one can speak? You guys had a lot to say you know." I looked directly Mari.

"Okay, we just think that you should talk to him. He is your brother Leah, and from what he told me he has no idea." I laugh.

Is she fucking serious right now? "I'm sorry you talked to him about this? The hell with this! It's none of your damn business!" I say raising my voice to a higher extent. Alex stands up. "Leah calm down they're just trying to help." I laugh. "Don't you see? If I wanted help I would've said something! I'm perfectly fine right now and when I feel like that I'm ready to talk, I will! So how about you guys shut the hell up about it because this is my decision! Not yours!"

They are all crossing the line here. Do they not understand that I just found out I'm adopted? They don't know how it feels to know that your entire life was a lie, your parents, everything!

Christian stands up from the couch walking over to me as I take a step back. "Leah." He quietly says in a soft tone. I shake my head. "No. You guys sit here and try to tell me what's best for me when you have no idea what it is! You want me to express myself when you all have these secrets! That's the screwed up part because you expect me to tell you guys all this shit about me when you do nothing but hide everything from me!" Alex looks at me in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I quickly look at Sam, Tyler, Damon, Jason, and Christian. They all stare back at me in silence. "All of you, can leave me alone." I storm off to the bedroom and grab my hoodie and throw on my sweatpants with my shoes. I quickly walk back to the living room and Sam and Christian jump up.
  "Where are you going?" Christian asks with this concerned tone. "Out." I simply reply.

"Leah it's pouring outside." I laugh at Sam.

"Do you think that I care? Don't bother following me." Before they could get another word out I walk out the front door and into the rain. My thoughts are rambling, I can't think straight, and at this point I'm at my boiling point. I have no idea where I'm walking but it has to be away from that apartment.