Chapter Fourteen

The entire weekend was spent in my dorm. I had zero contact with any of my friends, except Damon and Mari. Damon really came through for me this weekend. Every time I wanted to go ahead and murder Christian for what he had done, Damon found a way to take those thoughts away by using his humor to make me feel better.

Sure, I was still pissed at Christian, but not as pissed as I was a couple of days ago. It's Monday and I have to go back to class. I didn't even start on my essay yet due to all of this stress. I woke up at seven in the morning to start on it and my opinion on love at this moment isn't very pleasant. I sit at my desk and twirl my pencil in the air as I gather my thoughts.

Love, what is love exactly? I plan out my thoughts for a good moment. Oh yes, I know what love is.

Love. Love is pure bullshit. Love is a lie. You can sit and announce that you love someone and you don't have to mean it the next day. Love hurts, and it makes you do reckless things.  Why love someone only to loose them in a matter of hours? You can love someone, but the question is do they love you back? Love is a waste of time because in any predicament the person you so called fell in love with will leave eventually. It hurts because you'd think you'd be together forever but forever is an understatement. Love is the key to sadness, and depression. So, if you ask me what love is, I'll tell you it's something that I don't want to involve myself with. Love is useless, love is pain. And if I have to be in pain to love someone, or fear that they'll be gone one day, then I don't want it.

I toss the paper in my drawer undecided if I'm turning it in or not. I change into my jeans and my white t-shirt and throw my black cardigan on and my Nike slides and make my way to my Professor.Reynolds class.

  I arrive kind of early and I make my way into the class and sit at the very top row. Mr. Reynolds hasn't spoken a word to me since I got into the classroom. He was too busy grading papers to acknowledge me in anyway. A while later the classroom began to fill. Nathaniel as always, arrived late into class. I gave him a small smile and continued staring at my shoes.

  "Hey Leah." Nathaniel sits next to me and sits his one journal on the edge of the seat. "Hey I say quietly focusing on the thoughts in my head. "How was your weekend?" He asked. If it's one thing I don't want to discuss is my weekend because if I do the thoughts of Christian screwing that Madison chick is really going to be what I think about all day.

I shrug. "Disastrous." I simply say. He laughs under his breath. "What?" I ask. He shrugs and placed his fist under his chin. "Nothing, I just love how honest you are about it." His attempt to compliment me changes my mood a little. "Well at least I know you like something about me." I say quietly. He nods.

The class starts to quiet down and Professor.Reynolds begins to give the lesson.

"Good morning everyone. I hope you guys had a good weekend. Also, the essay is due by the end of this week."

The entire time I felt out of place. I couldn't focus on the lecture because of all of this stress I was under. I could hear Mr.Reynolds talking but I wasn't sure what it was exactly.

"Isn't that right Ms.Banks." Mr Reynolds said snapping me out of my thoughts and into the class.

"Hm?" I said completely oblivious to the topic.

He lowered his glasses and placed his hand on the table and let out a sigh. Oh shit I'm screwed.

"Ms.Banks, do you want to be in this class?" He asked me. I nodded.

"I don't need a nod I need an actual answer." He said. Okay now he's being extremely aggravating and it's infuriating me. I slammed my pencil on the arm of my chair and put on a fake smile. "Yes Professor Reynolds I want to be in this class." He gave a quick smile and went back to a more serious face. "Good, now act like it." He says in a stern voice.