Chapter Five

The next morning I wake up at five in the morning. Mari is still asleep and the sun is nowhere near. For a moment, I think that we have our own bathroom. Damn community showers.

I grab my towels and my workout clothes and make my way down the hall to the showers. Thankfully no one is up here yet so I have the shower to myself. I take my loaf which I usually call a bath sponge because loaf sounds so....just not something I would say. I take my soap and squirt about two big pumps on the sponge and wash my body gently. The hot water hits my skin which is so relaxing.

My classes don't start until nine so I have plenty of time. I dry off throw on my black nike yoga tights, and my Nike sports bra and lace my shoe strings and make my way back to my room. I gently place my clothes on my bed but hit my foot on my dresser. "Dammit." I whisper holding my foot trying to not scream from pain.

I hear Mari tossing and turning in the bed and eventually says my name. "Leah?" She whispers with her eyes still closed. "Shh, go back to sleep." I say. She begins to nod off and drifts back to sleep. I hurry and make my way out of the dorm trying to find where the gym was. I should've studied that damn map. I walk around the campus to find out where the gym is located. I see a map and I quickly go to it to see where it's suppose to be.

Holy shit.

On the other side of the campus? Great. Well I can't argue with the fact that I need some exercise. I start jogging and slowly any stress I felt had gone away. I feel so empowered and free.

By the time I reach the gym there is literally no one in here. Shit this place is huge. I make my way to the nearest reed mill and place my earphones in my ear. I decide to play Take on the world by You At The Six and I begin to run.

A couple minutes into my work out I hear the door open. I don't pay it any mind because people come to the gym all the time. Also I didn't really care about anyone who came in here. The whole time I'm thinking about my time back at home with my parents. As the next song plays I hear a voice in the back of me, "My god." My eyebrows arch and take out my earphones and turn around.

Oh for fuck sakes. Damon.

He's leaning against the entrance smirking at me. I roll my eyes. "Why are you here?  shouldn't you be gawking at someone else." I snap. He throws his head back and laughs. "You're not my type. I'm just giving you a compliment." He says.

That makes zero sense to me but okay.

I was a little offended by the fact that I'm, "not his type" But grateful at the same time. "Whatever then stop staring at me." I say with my arms crossed. He goes from laughing at me hysterically to a neutral face. "Whatever Leslie." He says. I groan and scowl at him. "It's Leah you ass." I snap. He rolls his eyes. "Leah." He says correcting himself.

I turn back to the treadmill and continue my workout. As I'm running he goes to the punching bag across the room. He has no shirt on, with these black shorts. God his body is just so.. I can't help my turn around a couple times in his direction. He's not paying me any attention at the moment. The way his fist hit the bag and how he instantly swears his body shines.

If this is what my college experience is gonna be, I want to get used to it. I then grab my towel that I sat on the treadmill handles and wipe off the sweat. I start walking to the exit going to go shower, again and Damon calls out my name. "Leah." He says. I turn around instantly , surprised he didn't call me Leslie , or Lisa. "What." I say sounding a bit aggravated.

"Jeez chill, I was gonna say...never mind." He goes back to punching the bag. I then cross my arms and ask him, "What were you about to say?" He gives a small laugh and stops punching the bag. "You sure you wanna know?" He says smirking at me, just staring.

 I roll my eyes, and open the door. "You're disgusting." I say making my way out the door.

I walk back to the dorms and I hear Damon running behind me. Great here we go. "Why are leaving so soon?" He says throwing on a black t shirt. We're now walking side by side. Both of our dorms are in the same direction. "Because, I have to get ready for classes." I say. He scoffs. "It's almost seven." He says to me. I roll my eyes. "No shit." I say. He stops in front of me. "One, don't roll your eyes at me. Two, leave that attitude in the gym." He jerk my head back and arch my eyebrows.

"Who do you think you're talking to? I barely even know you and you're already talking to me reckless." I say raising my voice. "Um, you'll realize it soon but I actually don't care." He says. I roll my eyes ignoring his commands. "Well I do, and a little respect wouldn't hurt." I say walking even faster. He softly grabs my wrist.

 "Sorry." He says giving a half smile, "I'll be...nicer."  I nod. "Can I at least have your number? I'm curious on where this friendships going to go." He asks. I laugh. " I thought I wasn't your type?" I say. He puts on a thinking face and answers me hesitantly. "Ignore that earlier statement." He says with a grin and begins to jog in front of me.

Damon so far is very confusing. One minute I'm his type, next minute I'm not. What's next? He gonna want to jump in front of a bullet for me but seconds later allow me to get shot? God my thoughts are going crazy. I decide to catch up with him and finish this jog back to my dorm. "So, what about that number?" He says. I lower my head trying to hide my smile. "You'll get it when you deserve it, friend." I say. He starts looking at me and shakes his head with and opens his mouth. "You're just extremely stunning." He says.

I look into his eyes and narrow my own. As beautiful of a guy he was, I wouldn't dare give him the satisfaction. "I wish I could say the same for you." I snap, as I increase my speed. "Ouch." He simply says.

I began to jog backwards and give him one last statement. "Don't expect compliments so soon, at least not from me." I give him a gentle smile, playfully flicking him off and continue to my dorm to prepare for my classes.