Chapter Thirty Four

(AUTHORS NOTE- So I've decided to do another book on Temptation. I'm so sorry for the inactivity I've been really busy and out of everything lately but don't worry I haven't forgotten about you guys! If you can please share Temptation, if not that's okay. A lot of people are probably pissed that I broke up Christian and Leah but things have to happen to get to where we're supposed to be! On that note, continue reading guys xoxo)

Im in Nate's car, once again. He doesn't ask me much on the way to his house, thankfully. This is probably the quietest we've been together. He turns his head looking at me which he probably thinks is discrete, but I notice all of it. The side eyes, the lip biting, every little thing he does.
  We pull up to his families house which seems bigger than it did the last time I saw it. I carefully open the door and look up at the house, thinking how such an asshole like Nathaniel could live here out of all places. I know I'm sounding a little judgmental  but it's just who I am I guess. He opens the door and to my right, I see Nathaniel's brother Kol shoot up from the couch, with a wide smile.

He runs towards me and hold his arms out for a hug and I chuckle lightly as Nathaniel pushes him back by the forehead. "Hey! She's not your girlfriend I only wanted a hug!" I hear Kol shout as we walk up the stairs.

Nathaniel looks down at him and rolls his eyes. "Go make some friends or something." Kols smile turns into a frown and he makes his way to the living room. I feel bad for the lack of brotherly love Nate gives his brother. He's such a jackass to Kol but, that's something I can't change.

  We make our way up to his bedroom and I look around, not knowing what else I should do. He grabs my bag from my hands and toss it into the closet and I look up out of my gaze and at him.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows. He gives me this awkward look and begins to open his mouth, but nothing comes out. I raise my eyebrow and look at him, wanting him to say what he has to.

"I was just trying to help you get comfortable. I'm positive you don't want to carry that bag all day aye?" He makes a good point, after all this is his room and seems like what he says, or does, goes. I nod and stick my hands into my back pocket. "Right." He stands in place with his arms crossed, watching me as I move around his room, touching his things. I see a lot of different awards on his wall. Mostly swimming, state champion awards, swim meets trophies to add on. I didn't think he was into something so passionate like the swim team.

I smile lightly and look his way. "You never told me you were a swimmer." I hold up one of his trophies, and he begins to scratch the back of his neck, and his voice begins to lower. "Yeah it's something I did as a kid. I still do but uh..not as much." I smile gently at him and sit on the end of his bed, as he does the same, next to me.

"So.." He says looking at me. "You want to talk about it?" I look down, playing with my hands. Talking to the guy that likes me about my ex boyfriend dumping me isn't really the best option for small talk. I exhale deeply and scoff. "He dumped me, and I left.." I see Nathaniel's jaw drop as he looks at me, putting me on the verge of crying.

"Well. Someones loss, is another persons treasure...why did he dump you anyways?" This, this is the part that I dreaded. Telling Nathaniel that the reason broke up was because of him. I couldn't do that. Honestly I didn't have the balls for it. I shook my head no, I didn't want to talk about it.

He looked at me and said my name quietly. "Leah..." The soft tone of his voice, made me clench my jaw and look away shutting my eyes holding my tears back. I inhaled deeply, and bite the inside of my cheek, forcing myself to say it. "You. You were the reason we broke up."

Honestly I bet part of him was happy inside. I know he hated Christian, and the fact that he "thinks" he has has a chance with me makes him even more happy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was faking this new sense of feeling he was showing me. As I look down, I see him stand up, moving towards me and bending down. I shut my eyes tighter as the tears come out. He has has never seen me cry and in all honesty it was embarrassing. He  places my chin between his fingers, and slowly forced me to look at him.