Chapter Eleven

So far the car ride was quiet. I was still wasted but I felt the buzz going away. My subconscious kept telling me not to say anything stupid while in this car with Nathaniel. I decided to stay quiet until.
"So, why didn't you want Christian giving you a ride?" Nathaniel asked while looking at the road. I shrugged and looked at him. He gave a fake gasp and put his hand on his chest as if he was surprised. "Me?" He said. I laughed.
"He um, he was mad that I kissed you." I simply say. Nathaniel looks my way for a quick moment. "But it was just a kiss. It was incredible I never knew anyone could kiss like that but, it was a game." He says straight forward. For some reason I felt a little bit disappointed that he thought it was just a kiss yet somewhat happy that he didn't make anything out of it.

"What's going in between you, Christian, Sam, and Tyler?" I asked. He was quiet for a quick moment and very hesitant to speak. "We has a very complicated situation in high school." He says not giving too many details. Now I have the desire to know more about this situation. They all looked really pissed when seeing Nathaniel. It couldn't have been just a "complicated situation." "Can you shed some light on it a little more?" I ask him.

He sighs. "Just know that I fucked up big time. I'm a fuck up." He says. I start to feel bad for him. I place my hand on his shoulder to let him know it's okay. "You're not a fuck up. After all you helped me. If anyone's a fuck up it's me. " I say giving him a smile. He looks at my hand on his shoulder and grabs it off of his. "Don't do that. Don't try to give me sympathy." He says in a firm tone. I'm left speechless without knowing what to say.
I take my hand and place it on my thigh and stare out the window. I could feel his eyes set onto me and after a brief moment I feel something on top of my hand. His hand. I look at our hands now together, and I look up at him. "You don't even know me." I say softly. He turns his head to me and looks directly at me. "But I want to. Well get to know you." He says quietly. I give a half smile at him. We eventually pull into the parking lot of my dorm and sit in the car for a moment. I finally find the words and move my hand to grabbing my bag. "Thank you for uh...the ride." I say.
He smiles. "Yeah no problem." He says. As I begin to exit the car he softly grabs my bag. "I'll open the door. You shouldn't have to." He says to me.

I don't see what Christian was so worried about. Nathaniel is sweet and funny and on top of that, he's really cute. I don't have anything to worry about. He come around to my side of the car and opens my door. I slowly climb out the car not noticing the step under I trip over it. Nathaniel catches me and holds my waist to help me catch my balance.
His touch immediately had me hooked to him. I relaxed myself in his arms for a moment to just appreciate this feeling. "Are you okay?" He asks me. I nod. "I'm fine." And I grab ahold of my bag. I never knew just by the touch of someone could make me just feel fluttery inside. He releases his hands slowly from my waist as I try to walk away. This temptation of even his touch, his presence drives me crazy. "Goodnight Leah." He says smiling at me. I push my hair back and give him a smile. "Goodnight."

As I'm walking to my dorm all I can think about is tonight. Minus all the shit that went down with Christian it was alright. Dammit! Christian. I grab my phone which had been turned off. I turn it on to see multiple text from Christian.

*Please call me I'm so sorry.*

*Leah please, just answer me.*

*Where did you go? Are you safe? Let me know if you're at your dorm.*

*Come on I'm worried sick about you!*

*If anything happened to you...just answer the phone*

He was so worried about me. My first instinct was to just not reply to any of his messages. I simply texted him,

*Im fine Christian, you can go to bed now.*

I faced my phone in my back pocket as I entered the dorm. Mari was already asleep so I didn't bother to wake her. I got my clothes and went to go shower and headed straight to my bed afterwards. I laid in bed and the only thing I could think of was Nathaniel. Shit I didn't give him my number. Now I'm going to be so anxious to see him Monday in class. Shit my essay!

If it's one thing that I hate is slacking on my assignments. Yeah Friday I skipped classes for a party but I'm always caught up on work. I'm not in any condition to work on my assignment due to this hangover I'm going to get tomorrow. I decide to call it a night and go to sleep.