Chapter Eight

That Friday I didn't go to any of my classes. Only because I wanted to go shopping with Mari who sadly decided to go to her classes and leave me high and dry in our dorm. I decided to call up Christian who surprisingly picked up. I threw myself onto my bed and stretched my body.

*Hey what's up?* I say with my phone between my shoulder and ear.

*Nothing actually. I just came from practice. You should come and watch us sometime.*

I smile and play with my fingers, kind of nervous.

*Eh, maybe. I have a question though.*

*Shoot it. *

I was kind of nervous to ask him, a guy to go shopping with me, a girl.

*For tonight, do you mind going shopping with me?* I asked.

A couple seconds later I heard him laughing through the phone. I was utterly confused and kind hurt for some reason.

*You know you have a girl roommate right?*

I roll my eyes.

*Duh, But Mari has classes and she's going to be with Lionel. So I need someone to come. You know I don't have a lot of female friends.*

I hear him sigh over the phone.

*What time am I picking you up?* He asked finally giving in.

My smile grew large and I quickly jumped from my bed.

*Three please.* I say

*Fine, I'll see you in an hour.* He says

*Thanks Christian. You're the best.* I say smiling.

He laughs a little over the phone.

*Trust me, I know. See ya.* He says as I hang up the phone.

One thing about Christian is that, he's there for me when needed. He's becoming like a best friend to me.

I decided to put my hair in a messy but and throw on my UOCB hoodie and jeans. Christian meets me outside in the front of the dorms. His car looks very expensive for someone his age. It's a red Jeep Wrangler which was the car I've always wanted to get. He got out with a huge smile and put me in his embrace. 

"Hey, you ready?" He asks as I remove myself from his hug. I nod and smile. "Let's do this." I say stepping into his car. As we sat in the car in silence Christian turns on the radio and Infinity by Jaymes Young plays. My face lights up with excitement. "Oh my god I love this song." I say turning up the radio. 

"This should just be our song you know, when we're driving together and all." He says to me. I laugh. "Who says we were always going to be driving together?" I say. He then puts his head down and gives a awkward laugh. "Yeah you're right." He says quickly.

Shit why do I always have to be so insensitive. I didn't mean it to come out that way. "But if you want, we can it doesn't matter to me." I say placing my hand on his shoulder. He turns his head to me and smiles and takes my hand into his for a moment.
  His hands were so warm and soft. I look at him as he drives and I appreciate my new found friend. "Were going to the mall right?" He clarifies. I nod. "Mhm." I say putting my hand from his and onto my thigh. I lay my head onto the window and the rest of the ride is quiet.

When we arrived to the mall it was extremely packed.  I look around for the nearest clothing store to find forever twenty one. I scream with excitement seeing my favorite store. They literally have everything that I like. I grab Christians hand and run to the store. We walk around and I can tell that Christian looks extremely uncomfortable. I put my hand on his shoulder and smile at him. "You okay?" I say to him. He nods at me and gives a half smile.

"Being in a girls store isn't really my thing." He says. I give a big smile in response and decide to go find some dresses. I hold out a couple of dresses from the rack and put them to my chest to see what dress looks better. "How about this one?" I ask him holding out a black dress, off the shoulders. He gives me a eh look. "It's alright." He says. I roll my eyes and head back into the dressing room and try on this bright yellow dress I picked out. It was a strapless dress kind of skin tight, but not too tight. I walked out to show him the one.

 I give him a, what about this one look and he burst into laughter. I lower eyebrows wondering what's so funny. "What is it?" I question crossing my arms. He tries to take a breath to stop the laughter. "Nothing nothing, the dress looks like it's made for Alex." He says. I roll my eyes. "Then that's a straight no." I say heading back in. After the final look a long fitted black silk dress with a small gap in between the back slightly exposed, I walk out to reveal the final dress. "How about this one?" I say smiling with a spin.

 He looks up from his phone at me and doesn't say a word. He stares at me for a moment. I snap my fingers to bring him back to reality and I ask him again. "So?" I say. "You look, gorgeous." He says to me. My cheeks flush and I nod. "Thank you. Well this is the dress then." I say.

 As we get to the register, Christian holds my dress in his hands and place them on the front counter. "Is this all?" The young woman with blonde hair says. "I nod, and she takes the dress. "Are you paying or is your boyfriend?" She ask. I nearly choke on my words when she says that. Christian eyes widen and our worlds started to rumble together. "No, no um were not dating." We both say together.

Why would anyone assume we were dating? Oh right because you don't rarely see a female and a guy together shopping for dresses. Everyone assumes it's intimate.

The clerk smiled. "My mistake. You guys would be cute together." She says still on the topic. I give an awkward laugh and began to rub my arms.

By the time we got out of the store Christian and I didn't say anything to each other. We got into the car in silence and for began to act extremely awkward towards one another. The radio wasn't on which made things even more weird. I decided to turn up the radio, allowing some noise to play in the background. As I was about to turn it up, Christian reached for the knob at the exact moment as I did. I gave a half smile and gave him the honors. Shit why am I making this so awkward? Why did she have to make that statement!

"You know, I can't wait for tonight." Christian says. Wow he's talking to me? That's new. "Yeah me too, mostly the booze." I joke. He laughs at my attempt to make jokes. "I'll join in with you." He says to me. I nod. "May the best drinker win." I say laughing at my words.

Any guy that I know who can attempt to turn an awkward situation into something well, not so awkward is Christian. I'm officially ready for tonight.