Chapter Twenty Six

AUTHORS NOTE:
Okay guys, I know you're ready for the thrill of Temptation. Trust me the real drama starts now! Tell me your insights on the chapter after you finish reading, what are your guesses on the group?

I wake up to Christian not in bed with me. Did he go back to his dorm ? He wouldn't leave without a warning. I make my way into the dark living room and I notice a figure laying on the couch. I look around and turn the light switch on to see Christian on the couch, asleep.  I slowly make my way towards him and lay on the floor at the bottom of the couch. Lately I haven't been getting any sleep ands it's been really exhausting. With Christian around I've felt a little bit more okay when I go to sleep.
  I place my hand in his as I fall asleep only to feel a slight grip on my hand. "Leah?" He says as I lay on the floor in his t-shirt and my underwear.
  He slowly gets up. "Why are you laying on the floor?" He asks. I shrug. "You were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you. And...I wanted to sleep with you." I say quietly. He sighs and gets up, still holding my hand as we walk back to the room.
He's still in his clothes from earlier and he takes off his skinny jeans, and his shoes leaving only his shirt and boxers. He sits them on the dresser and climbs into bed next to me. The room is almost pitch black and I can feel his arms wrap around me, giving me the chance to snuggle up into him. He was sending me these weird vibes. For some reason, I think he was sad. I felt a droplet of water stream down my forehead. He was crying? Whatever was wrong, I'm positive he didn't want to talk about it. I grabbed his hand that was wrapped with mine and placed a kiss on his hand as I felt a small grip on my hand. "I'm here." I say quietly, not loud enough for him to hear me. I don't know what was going on in Christians mind right now but whatever it was, I want to be there for him.
  I decided to stay awake as he fell asleep. I couldn't fall asleep even if I wanted to. I threw on my hoodie and a pair of jeans and decided to go for a walk. As I was walking out of the apartment I nearly shit my pants to the sight of Damon. I see the shape of an O appear on his lips.

"Hey. Leaving?" He asks. I shake my head no and stuff my hands in my pocket. "Just going for a walk." I say standing at the door in front of his apartment. "Oh, I'll come with. Don't want you getting mugged now do I?" He says joking. I laugh. "I'd like the company I guess." I say as we walk out of the apartment building.

I can't help but wonder. "Where were you?" I ask him just out of curiosity. It's almost three in the morning and he's just now getting in. He lowers his head and stuffs his hands into his pocket. "You know. The usual make out session then sneak out back home." I laugh. "You're quite the guy Damon." I say. He nods. "Yup, that's me."

For a while the walk is very silent. It seems to appear that since the first day we met, he's less, talkative around me. "So, how have you been?" He asks me as an attempt to make conversation. I shrug. "I've been better I guess." He playfully bumps me with his shoulder to get a laugh out of me.

"What about you and Christian?" He asks me. I sigh and give a nod. "We're good. Dating and all now." The expressions on his face shows how surprised he is. I'm very shocked that he didn't know about us. "You didn't know?" I ask him.

He shrugs. "I mean I knew you guys were sort of talking, but I didn't know you two would end up actually dating." I laugh. "You and Lionel are the clueless ones of this group. I can officially see that now." Damon's very good company to be around. He doesn't ask too many questions, and that's what I like.

"I guess you could say that. I've been in too much drama with this group through high school, it gets tiring." I nod. "Understandable."
All of us are getting older. I understand that he doesn't want to be apart of any of the drama that's going on, not that there is any, but I feel like at some point, there will be.

"Yeah, it gets pointless sometimes." I laugh. "So you'd rather screw around with a bunch of girls instead of be in drama?" He's practically putting himself in drama by sleeping with all of these girls. Do they even have boyfriends? If they do does he know? He most likely wouldn't care. He laughs and throws his head back.

"You got me there. Honestly sleeping with all of these girls just serve as my distraction. There's a lot that you don't know about me. They all understand that there's nothing attached to the sex." I nod. "So instead of me trying to play twenty questions with you, why is it that you need a distraction? What possibly could be so bad that you have to sleep with multiple girls each night?" He laughs. "What makes you think I sleep with girls each night?" I shrug.

"I mean, you're never at your apartment. Plus you come in extremely late which I've been noticing. Tonight is a prime example." I say with pure confidence. He laughs. "Okay for one, I haven't slept with anyone since last month." My eyes grow in shock. That's very surprising to me. Damon not sleeping with anyone for a month? That's something.

"Why? What are you doing then?" He smiles which makes me even more curious. "I can show you if you want." I stop in my tracks. "This doesn't involve anything sexual does it?" I don't have the time to hear Christians mouth about me being an alleged cheater. He laughs. "Trust me, I know better." I follow Damon to this building, seeming more like a studio apartment. "What's this place?" I ask. He smiles and we walk up a flight of stairs and into a studio apartment. To my surprise is different types of plants, and paintings. They were all so amazing. I looked through a pile of paintings. "Who painted these?" I say with pure admiration.

He laughs awkwardly. "Me." He says in a low voice. I'm surprised. This is what he does with his spare time? The paintings are all filled with dark colors. I could feel the pain through the paintings. It was so dark, and emotional. He looked at me, and I could tell how nervous he was. "Erm...do you like them?" I ignore what he says and I continue to look through the paintings. "Leah?" He falls out. I turn my head on his direction with a smile. My eyes started to tear up when I saw one picture of a little boy hiding in a corner, with monsters surrounding him.

  He walks up behind me and touches my shoulder. "Are you crying?" I nod. "These are amazing Damon. I never knew this about you." He forces a laugh and sticks one hand in his pocket, and scratches his head with the other. "Yeah no one does. You're the only one." I smile. "I must be special." I say joking. He nods.

"You are. Trust me. Before you came this group was shit.  Now you have all of us with these weird feelings that none of us rarely experience. Trust me Leah, you are more important to us than our own families, that says a lot." Wow. Who knew that me, Leah Banks could change a group of people. Honestly knowing how they all feel about me makes me kind of happy. "I'm not that special." I say meaning it. He scoffs. "You may not see it, but you are. You're the reason I haven't fucked anyone lately. Not that I have a crush on you or anything." I laugh. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. "You know, if you weren't BJs sister, you we would've had our chance with you." I raised my eyebrow. "Oh? What makes you so sure?" He shrugs. "If you knew us back then, you would say the same thing. You think Christian is so good now? You should've seen him back then. He was basically the leader of the pack." I wanted to hear all about this. "Tell me more." I say pulling up a chair.
  If Christian won't tell me about his high school experience, then Damon will. I'm not doing this to spite him, I'm simply just trying to get to know him, even if it's through his Bestfriend.