Chapter Thirty Five

Authors Note: Haha! I know I'm so horrible! Like first Christian, and now Nathaniel whew! But guys! Five more chapters! You think this is hot? Wait until the next few chapters. Who do you think she'll choose? Nathaniel? Or Christian?

As I wake up, I feel Nathaniel's arms wrapped tightly around me, with his face buried into my hair. I smile slightly, adoring the way he smells. It's like a mixture of peppermints and cologne that I can't get enough of. I shuffle around a bit, trying my best not wake him up. I slowly pick up his arms, and place them onto his side, giving me space to move away from him and get dressed. I quickly slip on my clothes, and me, being the clumsy girl that I am, I knock over his desk lamp. "Shit." I mumble under my breath as I begin to hear him groaning, and moving around in the bed.

I turn his way, and slightly smile while nervously tucking my hair behind my ear. I'm not sure what to say to him. We just had sex last night, and now I'm in this awkward stage with him. What do I do when he begins to ask me about how I felt about it? I mean it was good sex, I can't compare it to the sex Christian and I have but, god was it amazing. I stand awkwardly near his desk, still in his shirt that he let me wear. He begins to rub his eyes and furrows his eyebrows, looking at me.

"Are you leaving?" His voice is a bit raspy, considering he just woke up...I find it very hot. I quickly shake my head no and begin to motion towards the bed, sitting at the edge.
"No I was just about to change." I say, quietly.
He smirks, and his eyes move from my face to my body. "You sure? I prefer you in my shirt." He looks back at me, staring me in my eyes forcing me to turn away. For some odd reason I find it very uncomfortable when guys stare me deep in my eyes. It makes me feel vulnerable, and completely out of place.

  I chuckle nervously and look back at him, pulling onto the ends of the shirt. "Yeah it's pretty comfortable I guess. Sort of my normal attire." It's not that I feel nervous wearing his shirt, it's the things he'd do to me in it. It's the only thing I have on, minus my bra, and my underwear. Sure he'd do the same things to me in my regular clothes. But, in his shirt, it's more tempting. He can see the curve of my hips, the outline of my boobs, all of it. The fact that I'm wearing something of his pleasures him.

  He moves closer to me, and I can do is stare at his chest. I want to run my fingers down his abs, and kiss every inch of his body. He moves his thumb softly on my cheek and stares down at my lips. "How do you feel after last night?" His voice is low, and soft when he speaks to me. It's almost hotter than the way he voice usually sounds. I nod slowly and bite on the inside of my cheek, still a bit nervous.

"I feel...relaxed you could say. Last night sort of helped clear my mind, allowed me to just push away my worries and let myself drift off." It's true. I felt less tense at that moment, and I still do. I guess that's how I feel when I'm around him, free. "Well." He says moving his hand away from my face. "I'm happy I helped you out. I know we both needed that." I force myself to look at him, giving him a warm smile. For the first time in a long time, I feel relaxed. Nathaniel makes me feel things that Christian doesn't. The ability to be say things without hurting anyone, let myself roll with the wind. I mean I know it's wrong but, right now it feels so right. Having sex with Nathaniel right after I broke up with him might seem like some rebound thing, but it isn't. Yes, I was in the moment. But I don't regret it. When I'm with him, I regret nothing.

"Leah." He says forcing me to snap out of my thoughts. "Hm?" I simply reply. Nathaniel begins to grow this look on his face, and he looks down, and begins to play with his fingers.
"Do you think I have a chance? With you?" Holy fuck. Holy fuck! At this very moment I'm caught completely off guard. I begin to this to myself, and wonder...does he? Should I give him a chance?

This would completely hurt Christian but, it wouldn't be my intention. I nod slowly, still trying to process the question and he quickly looks up at me. "I need to hear you say it." He slowly grabs my hand and looks me into my eyes. This time I can't look away. "You have a chance. It may not be now but..you do." A smile begins to appear on his face as he fails to hide it. He begins to cuff my face with his hands and leans in closer to me. My heart is racing, and I have no clue on what to do.

"God you- you're changing me Leah." He says quietly, but to where I can hear. My eyes motion towards his pink lips as be begins to bite them. "Is that a good or bad thing?" I ask with a soft tone. He laughs lightly and shakes his head, moving the strand of hair from my face, and behind my ear. "No. It's actually a really good thing. Before you, I had no hope for myself, or anyone to convince me that this fucked it life that I live would finally turn around." His eyes meet mine and I instantly feel this newfound emotion.

"You are everything that I wish I had a long time ago." His confessions warm my heart, and make me fall for him even more. I never knew that a dark, broken soul like his could actually be fixed by someone like me. I'm that lamp in his room that shines the light. I can't. As much as I try to hold myself back from kissing him, it's impossible at this moment. I shake my head and lean in, cuffing his cheek with my hand and our lips touch immediately.

We both begin to motion up, kneeing the bed, and he pulls me in close by my waist. His tongue begins to rub against mine and the gentle warmth of his fingers move down my hips down my back. He lays me down onto the pillow gently, and I wrap my legs around his waist as he kisses my neck deeply. I close my eyes and bite down on my bottom lip as he moves his body against mine. I feel at peace again, able to shutting out my thoughts, escaping in this world that I wish I could stay in permanently.

  He pulls away, and stares down at me. I wish I could place myself into his mind and look through his thoughts. Although I'm sure that wouldn't be a good idea. He begins to stand and grab a pair of black shorts from his drawer and puts them on. I furrow my eyebrows and sit up looking at him. "What was that?" He turns towards me and raises his brows. "What was what?" Is he playing dumb or is he just fucking clueless?

"I mean first you were kissing me, and we were in this moment..then you just...stopped." I don't mean to sound ungrateful for that moment, but I'm really curious. The Nathaniel that I know would've kept going. He looks and me and shrugs. "Like you said, we were in a moment. Sorry but I don't want to just make everything that we do about sex. As much as I want to fuck you and all, I want to make everything special for you." He moves closer to the bed and places my chin in between his fingers. "You. You are special." I look up at him and barely smile, but I'm sure he notices it. Hearing those words come out of his mouth just make me think. Do I want a future with him? Or is this just some fantasy I'm living in that'll go away? The thought of being with him, not for his money, or the fancy cars he owns, but just with him makes me even excited, and eager to jump into a relationship with him.

But I can't. I refuse to just date him right after all of this. I need to settle things with Christian, and make sure I'm making the right decisions for me, because at the end of the day..there's a fifty percent chance that I could get hurt if I'm not smart about this. I won't allow myself to get screwed over by another guy I fell for stupidly.