Chapter 6 Normal Day

"Miss Jessica, Miss Anne, its time to wake for supper." Hannah our maid says as she walks in the room.

As I move over onto my stomach, I watch Anne open her eyes and yawn. Babies are cute. Hannah walks over and lifts us into her arms. She takes us out of the room and down the hall in the opposite direction of the way to the library.

We arrive shortly to a dining room. It's three times larger than the size of the library. There are three chandeliers on the ceiling with a table that is almost as long as the room is, in the center. At the table sits mother and father.

"Miss Jessica and Miss Anne have arrived." Hannah says

"Lovely." Carol says.

I reach my hands out towards mother, indicating to the rest that I want to go to her.

"Come here Jessica." She says as she opens her arms.

Hannah hands me to her and proceeds to hand Anne to father.

"Its time to eat!" He says.

Hannah brings out two bottles of milk, probably for my sister and I, while another maid and two butlers come in with food for Carol and Gerald.

Before our parents start eating, they help Anne and I drink the milk. Soon, we both finish.

"Take them to bed Hannah." Carol says.

"Yes, Mrs." She said as she picks up Anne and me from our parents.

"These two sure are a strange couple." Gerald says.

"And why is that?" Carol asks.

"They have yet to cry, once."

"I guess that is true, but we are blessed to have them either way."

"Yes." He agrees.

Hannah takes us back to our room. What awaits us inside are babies toys on the floor. It already looks as if another baby played with them and made a mess.

"I hope you two like the toys we got you!" Hannah says, "I'll be back, have fun!"

She leaves the room and closes the door.

"Hey Anne." I say to her telepathically.

"Hey." She says as she smiles.

"Looks like we have something to do now."

"I guess so!"

"We should practice our magic here too."

"But why?"

"Why not?"

"Why haven't we told anyone about what we can do? Can't we speak to mother, father, and Hannah telepathically too?"

"Anne, no baby should be as smart as we currently are, if they found out we already know so much, bad things might happen."

"Like what?"

"Who knows really? People could come after us like assassins or kidnappers."

"Oh, I guess your right. I'm sorry I ever doubted you sister, you're so talented."

"No worries." I say, "By the way, Hannah left a water pitcher in the corner of the room for some reason, try it out."

Anne tries to take the water out with magic. She succeeds to do so. She practiced controlling how much light she makes as well as controlling the water, while I practice controlling literally everything. I guess God helped me with this too because it is all extremely easy for me to use.

After a while, Hannah returns. "Alright, time for sleep!" She says picking us up and putting us in the crib.

We gently fall asleep.

This routine continues for three years.

The day of Anne and I's third birthday arrives. By now I've taught Anne how to walk. I've also told Anne stories. All of those stories, of course, came from earth. I also told her about fighting, including swordsmanship, archery, martial arts and taekwondo. Our crib has changed to a queen-sized bed; a little too big for my taste. We've also grown a bit so we aren't babies anymore. Anne has grown light blue hair, probably because of what magic types she can use. I, unfortunately, can use all types of magic but my hair is pink. Another thing about my hair that is a bit on the strange side is, parts of it change color when I use magic. I made a mental note of what colors it changed to when I used it.

Fire - red
Earth - brown
Water - blue
Air - semi-transparent
Electricity - yellow
Sound - grey
Dark - black
Light - white
Space - orange
Time - green
Telepathy - pink
Telekinesis - purple

"Time to wake up, sleepyheads! Today is a special day." Hannah tells us and we follow her to the dining area room as always. When we arrive, we eat just like we normally do. When we finish, Carol nods at Gerald and continues to say, "Alright you two, you might have realized this already, we are nobles. Nobles are people who are directly under royalty. Whenever a noble turns three, it is tradition to have a ball to announce your presence to the world."

Anne and I look at each other. We haven't exactly met many people. "The ball will be tomorrow evening. Be ready my sweet daughters." He says and we follow Hannah back to the room.

"Now I know neither of you has ever spoken a word, but you won't really have to do anything tomorrow. You will have to meet the other noblemen though. Get some rest girls." She says as she takes her leave.