Chapter 35 Exposed

Once it inevitably lowered itself to the ground, it starts endlessly growling. "Why don't we have some fun with this one?" I suggest. I see Eliza smile and Anne gives a thumbs up, I notice Anne is wearing the bracelet on her wrist when she does.

"Eliza, you can go first." I say.

"Gladly." She says. She immediately takes her daggers out with her space magic. With those equipped, she runs at the monster and gives it a bunch of slices in every possible place on it's body, some cut deeper and draw more blood than others. "That's enough." She says, walking back to the group. I can tell the wolf is surprised. Even so, it tries to attack so I just hold it in place.

"Anne, do you want to do something?" I ask, she nods.

She takes a few steps towards the wolf, focuses and uses fire magic. Unfortunately, it doesn't go very well. All she manages to get out are a few sparks. She walks back with her head down, obviously saddened by what had just transpired.

"It's okay. It allows you use them, but it obviously doesn't give you the proficiency in it." I say, "Anyone else want to do anything before I take care of this?" I ask the other three. They all give signals of no.

"Alright, any suggestions?" I ask the group.

"I have an idea." Anne says and she winks at me. I can tell she wants me to use the dragon part of me to do something.

"No, now is not the time."

"But it would be so fun to watch!"

"How would that be fun to watch? Your just trying to get it out."

"Mind filling us in on what you two are talking about?" Paul says.

"Don't worry abo-" Anne cuts me off. "We have a dragon."

"You have a dragon!?" Gabriel says.

All three of them are surprised. Of course they are. Who wouldn't be? Dragons are basically extinct and we just happen to have one.

"How did you get a dragon?" Diana asks with a little bit if admiration in her voice.

"I also would like to know. I'm part of the party and still have yet to be told." Eliza says.

"Not in front of the others please." I say, beginning to show signs of annoyance.

"I've been telling her to tell you since we left the kingdom. I don't know why she won't." Anne says. Way to push everything on me.

"Fine. You really want me to tell everyone Anne? Why don't I just show you all then." I say with a hint of hostility.

"I didn't...you don't have to..." She stops when I already start changing and looks down at her feet. "I'm sorry."

When I'm full size I am about the same size as the wolf in front of us. I rotate 360 degrees and catch the wolf's neck on my wing and slice without resistance.

"There, you happy?" I say looking at the group, slightly irritated by what I had just revealed. I start to walk to the other side of the room.

"Is...that?" Eliza can't finish her sentence.

"Yes, she's a dragon. Her specific kind of dragon is how I came up with the name of our party."

"How? You said you were sisters."

"We were born twins. At eight years old she vanished and was unable to be found. Eight years later she suddenly came back looking and being the exact same as she did before, besides one thing. She was a dragon."

At that point I see a pathway open at the end of the room and I fly to it. Another stairway. I fly all the way up in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, my wingspan is larger than the width of the opening. This causes the entire stairway to collapse on itself.

I notice it's nighttime already. It must've taken us a few hours to get through all of that. I find a semi-large tree, lie under it and curl myself into a coil with my head as the middle and the body and tail wrapping around. Once I feel comfortable enough, I open a portal somewhere near me that leads to and from the last floor of the dungeon where the five of them are.

"Oh, I guess we won't have to do anything. Look." I hear Gabriel say. They must've been trying to plan the best way to get out.

"How very considerate." I hear Paul say almost sarcastically.

I release the coil of myself just enough so there is a gap the five of them can enter the area my body is surrounding.

Anne starts walking up to my head and is about to say something but I put a wall of rock between us. I also construct five domes for everyone to sleep in.

"Go to sleep. We'll leave tomorrow." I say taking the wall of rock down.

After I'm sure everyone has fallen asleep, I do as well.

I see white. I look at...him.

"Hi there." He says.

Ugh. "I thought I told you not to make me a hero."

"You're not in the hero party. You could still just leave them alone and do whatever you want. They'd still beat the big bad evil guy and live to brag about it."

"If they could defeat the Great Evil, it must not be very strong."

"Oh don't worry, I made it with the intent to do some damage." He says.

"What?"

"What?"

"You said you created it. Why? Why not just let people have peace?"

"I like to watch them struggle."

I look at him dumbfounded.

"What?" Is he that stupid.

"A god is supposed to look after the people and make sure they live. Not make a monster and see if they die or not!" I'm shouting at him at this point.

"If you think it's so easy, why don't you try being god for once."

"That's not even possible."

"We'll see." He says.

Before I can say anything else he shoves me into another hole.

God, I hate you.