Chapter 31 Dungeons

What made her think she could just walk into our room? As I walk back, away from Eliza's room, I stop and enter a guest room. It would be better to take a pillow from the stack in a random room, rather than tearing one away from Anne. After I exit the room, I continue back to our room.

I enter the room once I reach the doorway. I put the pillow in the corner in a way that if someone opens the door, they won't see me right away. I change back to a dragon and lie on the pillow. Sleep quickly takes me away.

I wake up with a knock at the door. "Miss Jessica and Miss Anne, your parents and the guest are waiting for you in the dining room."

"Alright." I respond and lift myself off of the pillow.

"Jess?" Anne looks around for a few seconds and spots me, "Why are you in the corner?" She seems a little worried.

"There was a slight disturbance last night."

"What happened? Why didn't you wake me up to help?"

"It was easy to fix by myself."

Anne dresses herself quickly and we leave for the dining room. Just before we enter, I remember. "Whoops. That could've been awkward." I say as I become human once again.

I push open the door. "Good morning everyone. Did you sleep well Eliza?" I give her a slight smile. She is sitting in the spot I moved her to yesterday.

"Yes, I did." She says calmly but I know she is hiding her true, awkward, frightened self.

I sit down in my normal seat and see there is already food present so I start digging in. Soon enough, we are all finish.

"Will you three be going back to the kingdom?" Mother asks.

"Yeah. We might stay there for a while too." I respond.

"We also need to figure out how to work as a team since, I haven't ever actually been in a party before." Eliza says that last part a little quieter than the rest.

"No wonder you have bad people skills." I say.

"Jess, stop being mean!" Anne says.

"Let's go then." I say standing up. Anne and Eliza stand as well and I open a portal to the guild.

"Bye Jess, bye Anne!" Father says. I wave.

When we walk through, we are standing in front of the guild. As always, we walk in. When we do everyone quiets down, again.

Olivia is the only receptionist present so I walk up to her and ask, "What's with everyone now?"

"Well, Eliza is kind of a very powerful criminal."

"And?"

"Well, no one has been able to stop her until you showed up."

Of course. "Well, I guess I'll have to discipline her then. What should we do today you two?" I ask Anne and Eliza.

They look at each other then look back at me. They both shrug. I turn to Olivia, "Any suggestions?"

"Well, there is always more quests for you to take."

"Isn't there anything else."

"Well, there is, but I normally don't tell parties about it until they finish at least five quests." She says. Is she doubting us?

"Just spill it, we'll have the ability to do it anyway."

"Dungeons."

"Dungeons? What are those?" Anne asks.

"Dungeons are places out in the wilderness somewhere that monsters live in. For example, a cave full of monsters would be a small dungeon. Usually some kind of rewards are found in them like weapons, armor, or accessories. Sometimes, you'll get lucky and they'll actually be useful." Eliza answers for Olivia.

"Thank you, Miss E. However, there is one thing you left out. Every dungeon has a danger level as well as the individual monsters inside, telling adventurers how difficult it is to complete. The levels are ranked 1-10 just like everything else, but it is based on the number of floors there are in the dungeon. Each level contains up to 10 more floors than the previous. Level ten having up to 100 floors. Also, a one floor dungeon can hardly be called one." Olivia explains.

"Why don't you tell people before you have them go on quests? This seems a lot more beneficial." Anne asks.

"It is because after every five floors, there is a level three or four monster guarding the way onward, or as some people have started calling it, a mid-boss. After ten floors, there is a level five monster preventing passage, people have been calling this one, the boss. Every floor also contains a greater amount of low-leveled monsters compared to the floor before it as well as better rewards. Usually, if I tell a new party about this, they get too excited and decide to take one on, not taking the proper precautions. It doesn't exactly go so well."

"I have another question." Anne says, "Do more dungeons just make themselves after being finished by a party?"

"I know what you are asking, but nobody really knows for sure. All we know is that once one party finishes, everything is back to the way it was before they got there. The only thing that changes is the items received from it. Although, sometimes, but very rarely, the boss will change for a single party then return back to normal.

"Interesting." I say, "Hey, where's the nearest dungeon to this location?"

"That would be the level three dungeon called Zangoose. It is inside the forest to the east."

"Is there any information you can give us about it before we get there?"

"I can tell you what magic the mis-bosses and bosses can use. As well as what kind of monsters are present on each floor."

"Please indulge us."