Chapter 40 Great Evil

"Why would you pass up an opportunity to become queen of the world?" I ask.

"It seemed like too much work." Eliza responded.

"What did? The way you were going to take over the world or being queen and handling all four continents with little help?"

"Yes."

I just stare at her, then I look at her father. He looks very similar to Eliza, but with black hair instead of orange. He also isn't hiding his demonic features. He has a long, black pair of curving horns on his head and a black tail that is as long as his spine. The end of the tail and horns look like knifes that could cut a rock with ease.

"What would you have done if you took everything and she didn't become queen?"

"I'd just force her into it." He says.

"Why wouldn't you make yourself king?"

"Because I," He pauses and starts yelling, "This doesn't concern you! The two of you will be killed for coming here anyway!"

"So you're going to kill my only friends and expect me not to intervene?" Eliza asks.

"I will make you leave first, then I will dispose of the girl. Dragons are very rare and can also be very helpful so I will enslave it."

"No, you're going to stop trying to take everything over and receive punishment from the King of the demons."

He laughs at the statement, "The King is dead. I killed him and took over the demons."

"What about the civilians?" Ignoring the previous statement of the person in front of us, Anne asks a fairly important question.

"I killed them too." He smiles.

"At least he hasn't killed any of the other races yet." I say.

"How could you say that?" Anne asks. "Eliza has lost everyone she ever knew and loved!"

"What about me?" The man says.

"I never had any friends or anyone that I loved here anyway. That's why I left." Eliza says coldly.

Immediately after she spoke, nearing instant speeds he comes up to Eliza and shoves his hand on her throat and picks her up by the neck. "You troublesome child, if you won't love me, I'll have to just make you love me or dispose of you as well." Isn't killing her against the whole reason your taking over everything?

Anne starts to run at him to try to save Eliza but is stopped in her tracks by earth magic that covers her feet and slowly rises up her body.

Eliza struggles to breath as she claws at his arms, trying to release herself.

Instead of  running towards him, I use fire magic. I throw it at him like a flamethrower. He screams, mostly in shock, and lets go of Eliza.

While he is slightly distracted, I undo the magic done to Anne. "Which one of you did that?" He asks.

"Did what?" I ask.

"It was you." He glares at me.

"If you already knew, why would you ask?" He uses lightning magic at me and I move out of the way. "What are you doing that for?"

"You're supposed to die!"

"You don't have the power to kill me and probably never will."

"What kind of dragon are you?" He asks.

"The best one."

"We'll see about that."

"Eliza, before I fight him, what magic can your father use?" I ask.

"He can use the same magic as Gabriel." She says.

Really? I expected he would at least be able to use one or two of the magic types. Maybe the actual hero party would've been able to do this instead.

"Well this seems like a great big waste of time." I say. I should've backed out of all of this when I had the chance.

"I am the Great Evil! How dare you belittle me!"

"Well, it's not really false." Eliza says, "She could beat you instantly."

"If you think she is so powerful, I'll just deal with her first." He says.

Before anything else happens, I ask Eliza one last question, "Do I have permission to get rid of him forever?"

"I thought that was the original plan. Was it not?" She asks.

"I just wanted to make sure you are still okay with it." I turn my full attention back to her father. "Should we make this fast, or should we make this slow?"

"This will be over very soon, you egotistical rat."

"Did you seriously just call me a rat?" This entire time, I've been the full size dragon that I woke up as five days ago.

"Yes, I did."

"Well then." Why don't I try out my newfound power. What should I do first?

Let's try erasing him from existence. I focus on thinking about doing that and nothing happens.

Okay let's try just killing him. I focus on the thought of his arms, legs and head separating from his body and the life leaving him. This time it works. So much for the powerful Great Evil.

We all watch as Eliza's father becomes a dismembered corpse. I look at the others to see Anne with a look of horror plastered all over her face and see Eliza with disbelief written on her. Not wanting to be this size any longer, I revert back to my eight year old self.

"What...was that?" Eliza asks first.

"Remember how you said I'm not normal? Yeah, I'm basically an all powerful being." I continue a little quieter, "I'm also kind of the new God of this place."

They obviously heard me because Eliza doesn't say or do anything and Anne changes expressions from horror to admiration.

"That's so cool! What else can you do?" She asks.

"I don't know, I only got the rest of this power last night."

"Wait, if you received this last night, did you leave the dungeon and come back?" Eliza asks suspiciously.

"No, the last God gave it to me in a dream."

"You're saying you spoke to the previous God? How long has that been going on?"

"Since I was born."