Chapter 39 More

As we walk up to floor 66 of the Anne whines. "How long have we been climbing the inside of this mountain? It seems like forever."

"The fact that this task is very repetitive is the most likely reason." I say.

"It's been about six and a half hours." Eliza responds.

"How do you know?" Anne asks.

"I used to live here, I have experience."

"I think that would be called an internal clock. If it's been that long, we should sleep." I suggest.

"What do we do about food?" Eliza asks.

"Skip it, you'll live."

"What about you? You need to eat. You ate once yesterday, which wasn't even that much, and you haven't eaten at all today."

"I don't know about demons, but humans can go three weeks without any food and live."

"But-" I cut her off. "We can talk about this later, let's sleep for now." I proceed to make domes for the two to sleep in, I'll just stay awake and keep watch.

Eliza immediately goes into her resting space and Anne hesitantly does the same in her own individual dome.

What is happening? I'm not hungry, I'm not thirsty, I'm barely even tired. Okay maybe I'm slightly tired, I'll just lie down and relax for a while.

"Hey, you." Someone says.

I open my eyes to see him again.

"When did I fall asleep?"

"Very quickly, actually. It was like you just ran out of life." He laughs.

I notice he is doing something other than what he has before. Instead of sitting in the stool, staring at me, he is making white clothes appear out of nothing putting them into white suitcases. Why is everything white? Why not a grey at least?

"You're probably wondering why I'm doing this." He says.

"That and more."

"I'm going on vacation."

"What do you mean vacation?"

"It means I need a substitute for a while."

"You can't just go on vacation." I say.

"Can't I? I'm God I do what I want, whenever I want to do it."

"Then who is your substitute and are they better than you? On second thought, I should ask, how much better than you are they?"

"They are probably the worst person for the job, to be honest."

"Who? Is it someone I'm familiar with?"

"Yes you know them. It's you."

"No."

"Yes, indeed it is. You need to understand my position."

"Why

"No."

"I can't say you actually have a choice. You're going to be God whether you want to or not."

"Why?"

"The reason is because I said so. That doesn't matter anyway, what does is the fact that you get to use all my power." He gives me a smile.

"So what does that mean?"

"It means you can basically do whatever you want to the world and nobody can do anything about it."

"How am I supposed to know how your power works?"

"Just think and do, come on, it's not that hard to understand."

"Why are you making me do this?"

"Didn't you already ask that question?"

"I thought I was supposed to have a peaceful life with a family?"

"You will, don't worry."

"How am I supposed to do that when I'll be in this horribly white room all the time!"

"You won't be in this room, if you don't want to be here, you can just leave." He says, trying to reassure me. "Looks like you should go, you already have access to my power, why don't you test it when you wake up."

He shoves me back through the hole, "Can you stop doing this?" I say before I go very far.

"I won't have to anymore, see you in a few millennia."

Did he just say millennia? He expects me to be here for thousands of years? At least I don't have to see or talk to him for that long.

I wake up in the same spot I was before. The only difference is Anne is hugging my snout.

"What are you doing this for?" I ask.

"You were sleeping, but you were glowing." She says, very worried.

"Like I was using magic?"

"We have no idea what it was." Eliza says.

"I'm fine, don't worry too much." I say, trying to reassure Anne. "Let's finish getting to the top, shall we?"

"Is there no way to speed this process up or at least make it more interesting?" Anne asks.

"Not unless you can control dungeons, no." Eliza answers.

Hmm. I could definitely try helping us get there faster. I do as instructed and imagine a hole in each floor directly above us, as well as all the monsters gone.

I look up to see a hole. Past that is the next floor, with another hole.

"What was that?" Eliza asks suspiciously.

"What was what?" I ask.

"You were a rainbow for a second what did you do?" I look up. "Did you do that? How?"

"I'll explain later, probably." I set everything up to allow them to hop on my back. "Let's just take the easy way and skip everything."

"Yeah, sure." She says, still suspicious. She still gets on.

"What?"

"No normal person can influence dungeons in any way, it's never been done before."

"I'm not exactly a normal person."

"People have been able to use all types of magic before. The fact that you began as a human and became a dragon is a first, but its not uncommon for dragons to be among the other races." She says

"We should go." I say, trying to avoid the conversation.

"You are going to give us the information we want soon, whether you want to or not."

I don't say anything and take off from the ground through the hole that I formed. Definitely glad I made it bog enough.

A few moments after I start, I run out of holes. "I think we're here. Is this it Eliza?"

"Yeah, this is definitely the right place." She responds.

"Eliza? Have you come to accept your position?" A voice asks.

"No, dad." She says.

"What position?" I ask.

"He wants me to be the queen of the world."