Chapter 23 Guild Leader

"So, whom are you taking us to see?" I ask.

"The guild leader wishes to see you." She says, "It is about your...abilities."

"Yeah, okay."

She takes us away from the cafe and up the stairs. Once we are on the second level, we see a few doors.

"What are all these rooms for?" I ask.

"These are living spaces for a few of the adventurers." She says.

"Then, where will the guild leader be?" Anne asks.

"Just through here." She points to the door directly across from the stairs, "Please, enter."

I push the door open and enter the room while Anne follows.

"So you two are the ones with exceptional abilities." A man with brown hair says.

"Does everyone here have brown hair or something?" I ask.

"Well mine is a mix between green and orange but no, it is just us two that have brown hair." He says. Impressive, he can use two legendary magic types.

"Now tell me, did you somehow cheat using the orb?" He asks.

"Oh, most definitely." I say. Anne looks at me confused.

"How have you done that? And why?" He says.

"I just wanted to see what would happen. All I did was touch the orb."

"That still doesn't explain how all the orbs were glowing."

"Who knows."

He looks at me with a stern face.

"Okay maybe I'm lying. I didn't cheat it." I say.

He glares at me.

"What? Do you want me to prove it?"

"Fight me."

"Why would I have to fight you?"

"That's how you will prove it."

"Why does it have to be a fight? Why not a demonstration or something."

"That's not good enough." He says.

"I'm only eight years old you know."

"So? That doesn't mean you're not powerful."

"Just because I made all the orbs glow doesn't mean I can control them all well."

"Well, if you won't fight me, I won't allow the two of you to become adventurers."

"Why would I care?" I say. I make a glance in Anne's direction. She has a begging face.

"Fine. Let's just get this over with." I say. Anne jumps over and hugs me.

"Come with me outside." He says.

"Sure." We follow him down the stairs, everyone is staring at us.

"Is he going to fight them?" I hear Hercules say, "I need to watch this."

We follow the guild leader outside and he goes behind the building. We see a field that is as big as the building.

"This is where we will fight." He says, "Olivia, if you would."

"Alright, the fight will be over once one of the participants can no longer continue or surrenders."

I look at Anne to see her slightly cocky expression. I smile at her knowing that she thinks highly of me.

I turn back to the guild leader. "You know, you never told me your name." I tell him.

"Oh, my apologies. The name is Mark. Good to meet you." He says.

"You are allowed to use any sort of weapon you own or that is already on the field. Ready?" Olivia asks us both.

"Hey, wait a second! Isn't this fight a little unfair to her? She doesn't even have any weapons." I look over to see Hercules and the other adventurers about to witness the fight.

"Certainly not! If this were unfair to anyone, that would be me!" Mark says.

"Come on, just let us start all ready!" I tell everyone.

"Start!" Olivia yells.

I stand there casually, waiting for Mark to make the first move. "What are you afraid to hit a girl?"

"No! Of course not! I'm afraid to hit a child." He says.

"Well don't worry. I already agreed to fight."

As I say that he takes a sword out of a portal. He runs at me. He's slower than Anne. I easily evade his first thrust. "You know, if you want to beat me, you're going to have to try harder."

"Okay then." He disappears to everyone including Anne. For me, he's just slightly faster than Anne. I'm still easily going to out match him.

He gets behind me and tries to slice my legs. I jump up and over his blade. "Is that the best you can do?" I ask trying to tease him.

He comes towards me at his fastest speed and tries to swing at my arm. Again, I easily move away.

"Why don't you try using magic?" I ask.

"Why don't you try attacking me? Besides, legendary magic types are illegal to use as weapons in friendly battles." He retorts.

"You can't use any other magic types?"

"Well, I can use light, but all that can do is blind people. Even that doesn't work on those who can also use light magic"

I start laughing. "You're funny."

"What do you mean?"

"I'll show you what light can do." I say. Part of my hair begins to turn white as I make spears of light appear beside me. "See, now I have weapons." I take a spear and let the others disappear.

With my top speed I instantly reach Mark and stab him in the forearm with the spear. "It hurts, doesn't it? You don't need that sword when you have all the weapons you could dream of with your magic. The same goes with most of the other types."

"I surrender!" He says in a pained voice. I dissolve the light spear and my hair changes back.

"The winner is...um." I never told anyone my name.

"Please, call me Miss J."

"The winner is Miss J!" She says proudly.

I look over to our audience and see astonished faces all around. I smile and wave.

"Maybe one of you would like to try as well." I say and everyone looks away.