Chapter 25 Quest

"We've arrived home Anne." I say as I land in the front of our home.

"Yes it seems we have." She says. I let her use my wing as a slide again and once she is off I shrink back to a dog size form.

We walk inside. "Father! Mother! We are home!" Anne says to the house.

One of the butlers comes over. "Mr. and Mrs. Chinweike have gone to bed already. Please, be quite as to not disturb them."

Anne nods and walks while I fly towards our old room. She opens the door.

"It's been eight years since we left." She says.

"Hey Anne?"

"Yeah?

"I feel like it might be a little weird if we sleep with each other now that we are no longer twins."

"It might not be weird if you stay in this form." She says and gestures to me.

"Maybe."

Anne gets changed into sleepwear and I just lie on the bed. I move over when she gets on and she puts her hand on my back.

"I never noticed before, you're wings look like metal blades."

"My entire body is made of very strong metal." I say. She runs her hand along my back.

"But it feels so, skin-like. It doesn't feel like metal at all."

"Well, I wouldn't know, I can't feel for myself."

She continues to stroke my back until she falls asleep. I soon follow.

Once we wake to start the day, we eat breakfast and start the day.

"We should start a quest." Anne suggests.

"Aren't those dangerous?" I ask.

"Only if you do them wrong."

"Sure, why not."

I go back to human form use space magic to take us back to the field behind the guild.

"Come on." I say. Anne follows me inside. There are a lot more people here than there were yesterday. I look at the receptionist desks and Olivia is the only one open.

"What is with all these people?"

"Yesterday, everyone says they saw a certain dragon. They were hoping the King would send out a subjugation request."

"What's a subjugation request?"

"A subjugation is when the quest involves killing something. A request is made by someone that needs something done and can't or doesn't want to do it."

I look around again. Most of them are just talking. I listen to one of the conversations.

"I doubt there was an actually real dragon here. If there was, why didn't it cause any destruction?"

"Maybe it's friendly."

"I've never heard of a friendly dragon before."

I continue looking around. I spot Hercules talking to someone that wasn't here yesterday either. I listen in.

"Yesterday, those two girls registered. One of them beat Mark. We think the other is more powerful than him as well. They're also in a party called Pharaoh's Foul."

I laugh. Olivia and Anne looked at me confused.

"So what kind if quests can we take, Olivia?" I ask.

"You are level ten, you can take any quest you want. Just go to those bulletin boards and pick one."

"Okay." I walk over and Anne follows. "Pick one, I don't care what." I say.

Anne looks for a while. She grabs one off of a board. "If you have one, let's take it to Olivia."

We walk back over and I notice quite a few people looking at us. "We'll take this one."

"Are you sure about that? You two only just started." Olivia says.

"Yes!" Anne says.

"Alright. Let me give some information on this. This is a level 4 creature subjugation. This creature is called a horned lizard owl. It has been terrorizing people who leave through the gates."

"Okay, which gate?" I ask.

"West."

"Lets go Anne." I leave the building and go west towards the wall around the city.

When we get to the wall, there are two guards blocking the gate.

"We have come to get rid of the problem." Anne says.

"You two couldn't possibly kill that thing."

I show them my ID and they open the gate immediately. We step through the gate and I see the horned lizard owl on a tree. It has the body of a brown owl, but has the head and neck of a grey horned lizard.

It jumps off the tree towards Anne and puts it's talons in front of itself to attack. She uses telekinesis and just takes it down to the ground and holds it in place. I use water magic and make a thin needle to shoot straight at the creature's heart. Anne let's go of the now lifeless body.

I suck the body up with space magic and then continue to make a portal back to the front of the guild. We enter and everyone who noticed us before seems surprised.

"Is there a problem with the quest?" Olivia asks when we walk up to her.

"Yeah, it was too easy." I say. I drop the corpse on the ground in front of the desk.

"Oh, let me retrieve your reward." She says.

"They probably bribed someone to do that for them. There is no way they could've done that themselves." An adventurer says out loud so everyone could hear.

"Hey, that little girl made Mark surrender during their fight yesterday." I hear Hercules say.

"He probably let her win." The man says.

"No, she stabbed him pretty bad." Hercules says.

"Here is your reward you two." Olivia says and gives me two gold coins.