Chapter 37 War

"The three of you?" Donald asks.

"Yes. We fit the prophecy perfectly already." Eliza says.

"How well do you meet the requirements?" He asks.

"I would be the great hero, obviously." I say, regretfully.

"I am the one who loves the great hero the most!" Anne says.

"I am going to betray the Great Evil." Eliza says.

The old man pauses and thinks for a few seconds. "What makes you able to betray the Great Evil?"

Eliza freezes slightly, "I...uh..."

"Out with it." He says.

"He's my dad." She says hesitantly.

Wow, so this is teenage rebellion? I guess I never got the chance to rebel against any parents when I was Janet.

"That sure helps." Gabriel says, "Do you know where his main base is?"

"Yes, it's our house."

"Who makes their base their house?" I ask. Eliza just looks at me. Oh yeah, we did.

"At least we know where he is. Now the question is when will he attack?" The king says.

At that moment, someone breaks through the door. "Urgent message from Lady Kate of Klumane! They are being attacked by the demon army!" Wow talk about timing.

"Didn't she say she didn't prepare at all?" I ask without any emotion.

"You all need to assist the man-beast kingdom." Donald says.

"We will crush the enemy and save the continents!" Gabriel says.

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever. Let's go." I say.

"Before you go...can I have some of those crystals you spoke of?" Donald asks.

"I completely forgot about those." I pull out one of each color, "What do they even do?"

"You have a kingdom to save! Off with you!"

"I'll ask someone else." I hop off the table and start walking out.

"We must hurry!" Gabriel says.

"Which direction is their kingdom? If I had to guess, it'd take us only a few minutes to arrive."

"The man-beast continent is the southern continent. The kingdom should be somewhere in the middle of it."

"A general area...that's very helpful." I say sarcastically."

Once outside I grow to full side and make another stairway for the five riders. This time Gabriel is the first to get on, followed by the three girls, then Paul.

"See ya." I say to the old man as I use more air magic for passenger protection. I take flight and head south.

After about twelve minutes I spot a large black wave almost in a straight line heading straight for the kingdom in front of it. "Is that the demons? Why are they all so dark?"

"Eliza says they are black because they live underground or in caves." Anne says, "Eliza keeps trying to use the bracelet to use telepathy but is failing miserably."

"Fail later, we are landing at the front of all of them. Eliza and Gabriel hop off when I land, the rest of you stay on my back for your protection, you might struggle with how much power you have."

"Everyone agrees." Anne says.

Once I reach them, they are already banging desperately on the walls of the rectangular kingdom of Klumane.

"Hold on." I say as I dive down to the ground in front of the wall, crushing some of the demons.

I let down the air magic and everyone does as told. I start spinning in circles, letting my body take care of the demons surrounding me.

One jumps on my tail as I'm swinging and climbs towards my back. It promptly gets held in air by Anne. "Careful, they don't want to make friends." Paul says.

Another demon manages to jump at my head before I make it burst into flames.

As we fight the demons I look around at them. They all look the exact same. They run on all fours and aren't wearing anything. None have hair but their skin is pitch black and they have bloodshot eyes. They show their teeth which seem to have been sharpened by tools or something of the sort.

After a few minutes of preventing them from getting to or through the wall, it gets repetitive. "This is terribly uneventful."

"At least the army isn't smart enough to spread across the entire wall." Diana says.

I suddenly feel something new on the top of my back and a new voice says something, "Hey there, getting bored are you?"

"Who was that?" I ask, recognizing the voice somewhat but still focused on not letting the demons too close.

"It's Lady Kate!" Anne says.

"Queen? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be inside, where it's safe?" I ask.

"Oh Miss J, safety is overrated." She says. Now I have to deal with keeping four people safe. I need to think of a faster way to get rid of these things. "Plus, it seemed like you needed a break."

"Actually we just needed incentive."
I say, remembering a certain thought about trying to fit the whole world inside space magic.

"Gabriel, Eliza, stand back I want to try something and you shouldn't accidentally get sucked up!" I tell them.

Once everyone is clear I make a portal using space magic to try and store all the demons there. It doesn't work.

"Jess, living things can't be put in a spacial area, they can only be transported." Anne says quickly as to not waste any time.

Fine I'll just open the other side of the portal really high in the air and hope they can't survive. I proceed to do so and I move the entrance through the army in a line. "Heads up." I say.

Bodies. Bodies are falling from the sky. It is all anyone can see.

"Well that sure was effective." I say, proud of myself.

"That was terrifying!" Diana says.

"Which part?"

"The bodies!"

"At least nothing went splat. Then it would be even worse."

Realization hits her. "Oh." She faints. If I could, I would definitely slap my face right about now.