• Chapter 9 •

[ A/N : GET READY!! THIS IS A VERY BUT VERY IMPORTANT CHAPTER. Frelinda is LITERALLY HAPPENING, guys! Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote!!! Andd I put a song above. Please listen to that song when you are reading this. Thankss <3]

*Alinda's POV*

Days flew off and before I could realise, it was the beginning of December. One day, substituting for Transfiguration class, Professor McGonagall was going to share an important information with us. "Boys on the right, girls on the left," she said, pointing the two sides of the room. "The Yule Ball is approaching, a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests.

"Now, the ball will be open only for fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish - and dress robes will be worn," she continued. "And the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then-"

Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class. "The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to... let our hair down," she said in a disapproving sort of voice. I stared, open-mouthed at Professor McGonagall, and exchanged glances with Fred and George, mouthing the words: "Oh my God!" George nodded, but Fred only winked at me, smirking. I rolled my eyes, but my insides were swapped for a swarm of butterflies.

Ron was murmuring something to Seamus, who chuckled appreciatively. "Mr. Weasley," Professor McGonagall said harshly. Fred, George, and Ron's heads all turned. "Join me, if you will?" she asked stiffly, holding her arms out in a dancing sort of way. Ron looked around the room sheepishly - for now all eyes were on him. He rose from his seat with his hands in his pockets and shuffled slowly over to McGonagall.

"Please, place your hand on my waist." said Professor McGonagall, her firm gaze stuck to Ron like glue. Loud howls of laughter and wolf-whistles were now booming from the twins. Ron gaped at her for a moment. "Where?" Ron asked, his voice kind of hushed. "I said my waist." she said, a small glimpse of smile on her face. He reluctantly put his hand on Professor McGonagall's back, his fingers barely touching her cloak. A dusty record started to play. I looked at Hermione who was sitting next to me. She was blushing. I nudged her arm and said, "Very excited to see you with him." Hermione rolled her eyes at me and I chuckled.

"1, 2, 3... 1, 2, 3..." she instructed, nodding her head as Ron stumbled across the dance floor. I saw Fred and George dance and hum along to the music. I shook my head, laughing silently. "Alright," Professor McGonagall. "Choose a partner and begin following these steps!"

All of the girls jumped from her seats. However, boys were still sitting, looking flustered. Then, I saw Neville get up from his seat confidently. I wasn't expecting a move like this from Neville. After Neville, other boys started to get up slowly. I looked over at Fred who was talking to Angelina. I sighed, he was probably going to dance with her. I turned and saw Brandon. He waved at me and walked towards me. "Hey Al," said Brandon. "Did you find someone to dance with?"

"Actually no," I answered faintheartedly. "I think Fred is going to dance with Angelina, so yeah." He looked at my back. I gave him a questioning look. "I think you are wrong!" he said. "What?" I returned and met Fred's eyes. "See you at Hogsmeade, Alinda!" I looked at Brandon, who was winking at me. I smiled at his behavior. "So dance with me?" Fred asked. "Of course, Mr. Weasley!" I said positively. He took my hand and put his hand on my waist, which gave me goosebumps. His smile was as bright as his ginger hair. "You are very cute, you know that?" I thought my face was burning because of his statement. "Really?" I said, trying to hide my blush. He nodded softly. I looked around and realized that class is finished. We split and Fred went to George. I went to find Brandon and saw him with a girl. "Hey Brandon!" I said, trying to get his attention. "Oh, hi again!" We went out of the classroom and I said, "Are we going to go to Hogsmeade?"