• Chapter 24 •

*Alinda's POV*

Christmas was really close and it was a good reason to be happy. We decorated our Common Room and it looked beautiful. Everything was going well, except that Umbridge is still at Hogwarts and making our life a prison. However, I wouldn't let that frog ruin my Christmas.

We were having another meeting with Dumbledore's Army and I realized Harry is actually a great leader and he's really good at teaching. Most of the people were already starting to get a lot better.

Our meeting finally finished and I looked at the twins. "Okay boys," I said. "What are we doing now?"

"Thinking of some new pranks we can use on Filch." George answered flatly. "We're almost out of ideas!"

"Works for me." I said, as we were passing past Harry. "But we first need to ask Harry his opinion on a prank!" Harry was walking towards Cho, looking at a mirror. He didn't realize we were there until the twins started to talk.

"We've been thinking, Harry-" George said. "We could always slip some Puking Pastilles in Umbridge's tea." Fred continued and then George said, "Or Fever Fudge. They give you these massive pus-filled boils right on."

"Sounds great, guys. Would you excuse me?" Harry interrupted him as he continued walking to Cho. I looked at the twins to see their questioning looks. I sighed and said, "We should better leave."

* * * * * * *

I woke up at the middle of the night with a jolt. When I opened my eyes, I saw a figure and I opened my nightstand. I realized it was Ginny, she looked like... she's crying? "Al..."

"Are you okay? What happened?" I patted on my bed and gestured her to sit. "It's my dad." When I heard the words, my heart ached. "Your dad? What happened to him? Is he okay?"

"They attacked him. We were going to Dumbledore's Office, but we thought that you should come too, because you're a part of the family of course." I smiled sympathetically. "Yes, I'll come. Wait a minute!" I grabbed my jumper and we went downstairs. When I saw Fred, I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Are you alright, Freddie?" I asked worriedly. He had tears on his cheeks, I didn't see him cry that much so I wasn't used to this side of him. He looked at me with melancholy but faked a smile. I turned to George and hugged him. "He'll come back, I know it. He's a really strong man!"

We hurried to Dumbledore's Office. I was holding Fred's hand and squeezing it reassuringly. "Lemondrop." I whispered as it opened. We climbed the stairs and when we arrived, I saw Harry talking to Dumbledore. He was talking about a dream, his dream. Dumbledore looked at the paintings and started to talk.

"Everlart, Arthur is on guard duty tonight, make sure he's found by the right people." Dumbledore told to one of the paintings. "Sir,"

"Phineas, you must go to your portrait at the Grimmauld Place, tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving soon by portkey." He continued as the man in the first painting returned.

"They got him, Albus. It was close but they think he'll make it." I sighed happily and looked at the twins. Fred looked relieved and George was looking assured. "Once more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it." I couldn't exactly what they were talking about.

"Look at me!" Harry shouted as everyone jumped. "What's happening to me?" he asked, suddenly the door opened. "You wished to see me Headmaster?" Snape asked. "Severus, I'm afraid it can't wait. It will get worse if we wait, even until the morning."

Snape nodded and dragged Harry out of the room, picking him by the shirt. Dumbledore slowly turned to me and started speaking. "Miss Granger, I know you're not from the family, but I know how close you're to them. I'll grant you permission if you want to see how Arthur's doing."

I nodded as I saw Fred looking at me desperately.

* * * * * * *

"Oh my god, kids!" Mrs. Weasley sobbed. She ran to us and started to hug her kids.

"Mom, is he okay?" Ginny asked worriedly. "He's been admitted to Saint Mungo's..." She didn't say anything else, she couldn't go into the detail. She finally saw me and hugged me tightly. "Oh, Alinda how are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you Mrs. Weasley." She smiled as much as she could at this state of her. "Mum, can Alinda sleep with me tonight?" I looked at him and his mum.

"Yes... yes she can." she answered quietly, sniffing. We all went to bed and I went in to the room Mrs. Weasley told us to sleep in with Fred. As soon as a closed the door, Fred started to sob and hugged me. "It'll be okay, Freddie. Let's get some sleep. It's going to be alright, I promise."

He looked up at me and kissed me lightly on the cheek before burying himself on my shoulder again. We laid on the bed while I played with his hair and drew circles on his back. I felt his muscles getting more relaxed.

"I love you." Fred whispered in my ear. "Love you too."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HEY! Omg I missed writing chapters ughhh... Anyways, this year will be less stressful so I'll be more active probably :) Btw I didn't have much motivation for this fanfic for the last few months but here I am now, so I hope you liked this chapter and see you soon ;)